Whistler Scanner P25 Phase II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
My local government is moving to a Harris P25 Phase II trunking- system from an EDAC trunking -system by the end of this year while the other agencies are Motorola P25 Phase I conventual and trunking. I hate to jump-ship with GRE/Whistler scanners which I been with for a very long time, so is Whistler coming out with a P25 Phase II scanner in the next few months?

Since my local government is going to P25 Phase II and the other agencies are P25 Phase I, will my local government be able to talk to the agencies on P25 Phase I? Is this going to be another interoperability problem?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Well I know there is going to be a new scanner for Christmas, but which one is the question.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Well I know there is going to be a new scanner for Christmas, but which one is the question.

Depends upon whether you want a `HandHeld' (Whistler 1080) or a `Base/Mobile' (Whistler 1095). VBG! The 1080 is basically pretty much the same as the old GRE PSR-800 and the 1095 is the GRE PSR-900 w/ the removeable front panel/display/controls that most of us have only seen pictures of.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There have been hints they switched the vocoder so now it works much as the Uniden BCD436HP/BCD536HP.... We will see when they hit beta testers.. Or when it hits shelve and hands of us the scanning world. Once they get real world tested to the extent the Unidens have, and can work just as good or better on P25 Simulcasts, I for one will yell hooray!

djewel6

Im personally waiting for the 1095 myself. With the problems Ive seen with the 536, its made me leary to make the jump. I love my 800 other then the belt clip broke and I seem to have no way to replace it.. The slot to slide a new one in is fine however so maybe once the 1080 launches I can get a clip through Whistler.. I dont even need the TDMA 2 here in AZ yet however I will once I go back east to visit or when we do finally move (by then however who knows what will be out) in 2016/17 timeframe.

N8IAA

Im personally waiting for the 1095 myself. With the problems Ive seen with the 536, its made me leary to make the jump. I love my 800 other then the belt clip broke and I seem to have no way to replace it.. The slot to slide a new one in is fine however so maybe once the 1080 launches I can get a clip through Whistler.. I dont even need the TDMA 2 here in AZ yet however I will once I go back east to visit or when we do finally move (by then however who knows what will be out) in 2016/17 timeframe.

I switched to a belt clip from the 106/500. Never did like the swivel clip. I got mine at HRO.
Larry

Swipesy

Technically the 1095 will be a mobile unit with a detachable face (remote head). Speculation is it will retail for $799.99 and is due out the end of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.