A few questions on the WS1095 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
1. Does this scanner have an internal rechargeable battery? When in usb programming mode, it says charging battery?

2. What are the batches that don't have the if input?
Mine ends in 14. And the date code is, 05A15.

3. I keep getting an error code, which I'll post a picture of on startup, has anybody else been experiencing this as well?

Thank you for your time!

And by the way the photo is straight on my end, not sure why it loads like this on RF?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 563

wise871

Database Admin
1. Does this scanner have an internal rechargeable battery? When in usb programming mode, it says charging battery?

2. What are the batches that don't have the if input?
Mine ends in 14. And the date code is, 05A15.

3. I keep getting an error code, which I'll post a picture of on startup, has anybody else been experiencing this as well?

Thank you for your time!

And by the way the photo is straight on my end, not sure why it loads like this on RF?

1. Yes
2. I thought it was only the 04 model, I may be wrong and others will answer.
3. On my first 1095 (04) I got this everytime I used the USB cable to program the scanner or I didn't hold the power button in long enough. I was told to remove power and hold the power button in for 30 sec. This should clear the internal battery and the message. Also from what I read the error message is a memory card error. I used my own and still received the above message so for me not sure if it was a power issue or what. I have swapped out radios with no issues.

Again I'm sure one of the more experienced 1095 users will assist.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
1. Never use USB directly to the scanner .. never did this.

2. The IF date code thing is no longer a valid indicator as some early models have been modified by Whistler.

3. The 03-XX Error is an SD card error of some sort. The fix .. reprogram your card. A reformatting may be required depending on the issue.

I really recommend using a USB card reader (or computer sd card slot) and not USB directly to the scanner. It is much faster .. and less likely to cause issues.

If you have errors that you seem not to be able to resolve .. pull the power plug, reinsert. Reprogram your SD card and retry if needed.

The error you have shown is pretty common. It should be noted that some cards will not work in these scanners, usually the faster the card the less likely it will work. :wink::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.