WS1040 - Entering talk group channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilSquish

Premium Subscriber
Help! Ok so I got a WS1040 recently and I have figured out how to program "conventional" channels for the Halifax area (I think) But I don't fully understand how to enter the talkgroups for the new fire frequencies (for example,

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
20000 4e20 D Shubie Radio Shubie Radio, provincial dispatch and radio services

A quick "how to" would help set me on my way. I usually learn this stuff at some point.

when I go into PGM and enter a new TLKGRP and only enter the 5 numbers, no decimal, it tells me I'm wrong and won't enter it. And also, am I doing something wrong programming stations as "Conventional" and should they be also put into a different slot? So far I have had minimal success.

Thanks, I know it's a lot to ask but hopefully a fast "How to" will get me started.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
TGRP would be reserved for the TGID 20000. For the frequencies, you need to program or use an existing TSYS. To do this, you switch TSYS to NEW and press SEL/ENT to start programming the TSYS. Give it a name and program the control channel frequencies here. Save the TSYS and you should see it now listed under the TGRP. Program the decimal Talkgroup ID and save that. Any additional talkgroups programmed can be linked into the existing TSYS you have setup using the left and right arrows.

danzan77

With the ws1040 there is a setting under glob that has TGRP ignore. Yes or no. It set to yes, shouldn't it be set to no.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Rsegal

Unassigned Talkgroup Objects Help

Newbie with a 1040 trying to program trunked systems with Win500. I have 356 unassigned talkgroup objects and I cannot find how to get them into my scanner. I assume they must be linked to a TSYS and am stuck. The source is Ohio/Franklin County, system Ohio MARCS (P25).

Thanks,
Rick
KA8LCX

Status
Not open for further replies.