WS1095: WS 1095 - Switching Scan Lists - Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

hth999

Hello to all:
I have posted several threads, and many have been very helpful to a newbie like me. So here goes:

Example: When I am listening to say Scan List 1 ( Pinellas CTY P25 ) for say 1 hour, and want to switch to a different Scan List, say Scan List 2 ( Fire Dept P25 ) I understand how to do this, but I think my 1095 might have strange behaviour. Once I switch the scan list it takes sometimes 5-7 to start to pick up the P25 objects in the list. It's usually about 2-3 minutes, but never right away. The LCD screen has the name of the scan list and the " T " is active, so why does it not start to pick up right away. Anything wrong?
Have others experienced this? My signals are very strong. I do have 6 multi sites programmed.

I also have a WS1080, with the same Scan Lists, and it never takes 5-7 minutes to start to pick up or get " hits". The WS1080 is usually about 1-2 minutes.

Once the 1095 picks up 1 "hit" it's good to go. Then it rapidly picks up the other P25 objects in the list and works normally.

Does this have something to do with the DSPLevelAdapt?

Both the 1095 and 1080 are at default for DSPLevelAdapt. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!

troymail

Silent Key
It probably depends alot on who you've programmed the system and your location.

I'm assuming you are only talking about this system:
Pinellas County Public Services (Project 25) Trunking System, Pinellas County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

If you've imported the entire system to include all 5 sites, that might be at least part of the problem. The radio will try to find the first/best "site". Searching can take a little bit of time. But the bigger issue may be which site the radio finds to be acceptable and monitors.

If you haven't already, you may want to determine which site is best for your location and load/program only that site and see if you notice any difference.

Other than that - know exactly have you've programmed your radio is important followed closely by where you are located (assuming we can determine where each "site" of the system is actually located).

hth999

Thanks for your response. As you can tell I am new to this, but enjoying it!
You are right....I have imported all 5 sites, and it is Pinellas County Public Services ( Project 25 )

Can I try this, in the EZ software, can I click on the tab ' Trunked Radio Systems " then go to the " site details ' tab. From there I could just do a L/O of 4 of the systems. This way I would only have 1. If that did not work, I would try a different site. In other words, process of elimination. After going through all the sites, I could probably determine which site would be best. For example, I might determine site 3 is best. Then in the EZ software L/O sites 1,2,4,5.
Is that something that might work? I don't think I want to delete anything.

Hal

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks for your response. As you can tell I am new to this, but enjoying it!
You are right....I have imported all 5 sites, and it is Pinellas County Public Services ( Project 25 )

Can I try this, in the EZ software, can I click on the tab ' Trunked Radio Systems " then go to the " site details ' tab. From there I could just do a L/O of 4 of the systems. This way I would only have 1. If that did not work, I would try a different site. In other words, process of elimination. After going through all the sites, I could probably determine which site would be best. For example, I might determine site 3 is best. Then in the EZ software L/O sites 1,2,4,5.
Is that something that might work? I don't think I want to delete anything.

Hal

That's one way to go -- the other way (what I do many times) is:

- import the system and all sites (maybe limit the import to just the primary and alternate control channel frequencies) and assign it to a scanlist (say Scanlist 1)

- lock out all but the first site

- use the "Duplicate" function in EZ Scan to replicate the system

- in the "copy" of the system, lock out the first site and unlock the second site

- assign all talkgroups for the copy to a 2nd scanlist (say Scanlist 2)

- repeat this until you have all 5 sites as 5 different systems (on site per copy and each set of talkgroups in a different scanlist)

Now, when you copy the configuration to your SD card and power the radio up, you can enable and disable each of the scanlists that represent one of each of the 5 sites. Find the one that has the best reception and/or the activity you want to listen to...

Of course, stationary will yield a set of results... mobile, you may want to monitor a different site.

Just some ways to experiment...

hth999

troymail,

Thanks for your suggestion. I may give it a shot. Sounds like a good way to experiment. Because of this I can create the best set up for my location, which will improve the 1095's receiving capability.

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.