Signal Sweeper & Searching While Scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I used to have a GRE and if I remember correctly, you could program in Sweeps, Limit Searches, and Service Searches as scannable objects that would go into scanlists. I'm about to purchase a WS1080 (similar to the PSR-800) and I'm curious how you would enable that on this radio. Is it possible to be scanning several playlists and also running Signal Sweeper and/or a few Limit Searches simultaneously?

If not, would using the priority features circumvent this? In other words, If I were to enable certain trunked or conventional channels for priority mode, would they still be scanned during searches/sweeps?

Last edited:

TES

Ooops—this is a feature of the PSR-500 family of scanners and not of the PSR-800 family.It can be done on my PSR-500 but not on my WS1080. My initial answer should have been "no"—sorry for my confused state!

Gilligan

Database Admin
OK. I had a PSR-800 for a while and couldn't remember if it was able to do that or not. So if I took it to an event I could, for example, scan a list of known or common frequencies, however it would not handle Signal Sweeper at the same time? What about the priority scan? Does it work while Signal Sweeper is running?

olepops

scan sweeper question

am I understanding you to say that a psr-500 will let you scan normally through channels while sweeping searching at the same time? if that's really possible please direct me to where I can get help with that or a tutorial please I run 3 of that family of scanners for a scanner group and id love that functionality.

thank you a lot for the help

Regards,
Scott Bean

SCPD

QRT
Signal sweeper is not very effective ... if that is your thing, get a Uniden with CloseCall .. much better technology.

But be warned the Unidens have a terrible user interface .. so you will not like to use it otherwise. :wink:

olepops

I think ill pass I like my gte and gre tadip dhack cppies just fine o read too many stories agout Uniden issues. Thanks for responding so quickly though.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

olepops

Do you know of any program out there that will take GRE 500 program and converted over to a GRE 800 program automatically or running it through one time and that would sure be nice?

freqseek

Any search group or limit search,can be programmed in a memory and the scanner will cycle through it as with all stored memories, It doesn't scan Memory and search & sweep concurrent, meaning not at the same time. But being able to cycle scan and search is the coolest feature on these scanners. The 652 does it. I hope the new models coming out will also, that would be a purchase stopper for me.

olepops

Any search group or limit search,can be programmed in a memory and the scanner will cycle through it as with all stored memories, It doesn't scan Memory and search & sweep concurrent, meaning not at the same time. But being able to cycle scan and search is the coolest feature on these scanners. The 652 does it. I hope the new models coming out will also, that would be a purchase stopper for me.
If the 652 does it can the hh version have that ability? I ask because I own a 651 which from my understanding is the same as a 652 only its handheld. If so can you send me a program for a 652 with that programmed that way so I can learn how to do it please? Thank you.

freqseek

olepops

Pro 651, Pro652, Pro197, Pro106, WS1040, WS1065. PSR500, PSR600 I believe these all can use the same software or all be cloned from one another, jump in there and correct me if I am wrong.
I don't program theses with software rather program a GRE PSR500 by hand and clone my other scanners from it.
To program press PGM key, look at display, under NEW press the F1 key, look at the display under SRCH press F3 key, look at the display Press F1, F2, or F3 depending which search type you want: Limit, Service Search, or Sweeper, then you will choose the bank and then the different option available to each type of search. Then under SAVE press F1, the Manual will go better in to detail.

Hope this helps
Freqseek

Status
Not open for further replies.