WS1095: Unable to get new RID's to show

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

I just did a new list of RID's to my 1095 ezscan and it won't show the alternating alpha tags. It is showing the ones I did previously from an 800 import, but this new list I did from a clipboard via my HP1 list.

The list is there in the software, in proper format/columns as far as I can see but they won't display on the scanner.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

SCPD

QRT
Check the following ..

General Tab:

Display Mode: Advanced
Blink Time: 0.75 0.75 (this you can configure to your liking)

Advanced Tab:

Line 5 RadioId (alt) .. though you can use whatever line you like.

Trunked Radio Systems:

Rid AlphaTag Lockout Scanlist

2 Test Radio 2 Off Set for scanlists as needed
4 Test Radio 4 Off Same

You should be good ...

The only thing .. some Uniden scanners I think you need an "i" before the number .. you do not need that on the 1095. Take it out if you have that in there.

If you are seeing OLD radio numbers .. you have not programmed your SD card properly. There is no other possible cause. I would check your Trunked Radio Systems tab.

Remember .. you need to select the system on the top of the page to see the radio id's that are assigned to that system below.

AuntEnvy

Thank you edm

I'm a little confused on the second part of your reply though...

"2 Test Radio 2 Off Set for scanlists as needed 4 Test Radio 4 Off Same"

Not sure what you're saying there.

I didn't have the "i" written into the ID. Th RID's appear to be listed in the columns properly but the only ones that are showing are the ones I put in manually from my 800. I'm not sure how else to write config to sd card. It didn't write to my 800 either.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the clipboard copy/paste option that I used from my HP1 but I would think that since it shows properly in the RID columns/listing then it would work on the scanner. I guess I'll have to do it a few manually and see if it still works that way.

I knew it was too good to be true! ;)

SCPD

QRT
I'm a little confused on the second part of your reply though...

"2 Test Radio 2 Off Set for scanlists as needed 4 Test Radio 4 Off Same"

Not sure what you're saying there.

I didn't have the "i" written into the ID. Th RID's appear to be listed in the columns properly but the only ones that are showing are the ones I put in manually from my 800. I'm not sure how else to write config to sd card. It didn't write to my 800 either.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the clipboard copy/paste option that I used from my HP1 but I would think that since it shows properly in the RID columns/listing then it would work on the scanner. I guess I'll have to do it a few manually and see if it still works that way.

I knew it was too good to be true! ;)

The bottom part was just a sample how your data has to be in the Trunked Radio Systems under the RadioId section. Be sure .. lockout is off, and you have your scanlists selected as needed.

I use a database to get my radio id data .. and not from one scanner to another. That may be the issue here .. that the 1095 is expecting data differently than how the HP data is output.

I would copy your HP radio id data to a text file first .. and look at it. You may be able to tell if there are any issues with the data from the clipboard.

You may be able to use Notepad or Word (just be sure to save as a plain text file), to edit the data as needed .. much better than having to type it all in, especially if you have lots of radio id's.

Aunt Envy .. I also sent you a PM.

Last edited:

AuntEnvy

Thank you edm... I'm guessing the import is the issue even though it all lined up properly.

The text file stuff etc is all a little too "advanced" for me. ;)

I'll have to spend a little more time trying to figure all that out I suppose.

It just seemed to me that if it went into the software properly then it should write to the card properly. Guess it doesn't work that way. ;)

SCPD

QRT
Thank you edm... I'm guessing the import is the issue even though it all lined up properly.

The text file stuff etc is all a little too "advanced" for me. ;)

I'll have to spend a little more time trying to figure all that out I suppose.

It just seemed to me that if it went into the software properly then it should write to the card properly. Guess it doesn't work that way. ;)

I just sent you instructions on how to go from Sentinel to EzScan .. you should be good. PM me back if you have further problems.

AuntEnvy

Thanks again edm. I'll take a quick look but I've given myself a headache now so I probably won't try to tackle that until tomorrow.

I appreciate the help and I'll let you know tomorrow if it works.

AuntEnvy

Make sure that the radio IDs are in an enabled scanlist...

Mike

Yup! Thanks Mike.

EDM told me the same thing but I didn't realize the new ID's were being put into the default list, which of course I didn't have selected.

I got it working properly now that I put them all in the proper list.

Appreciate the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.