Whistler 1088 and 1098 - SHIPPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi all - This is Wendy from Whistler -
GREAT NEWS!!! (And the news you have all been waiting so patiently for!) We have confirmation that the WS1088 and WS1098 will begin shipping the first week in December.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for checking in with the latest news Wendy!

KE0GXN

Wendy, any idea when they will be posted to your site's product listing with a link for the owners' manual?

Thanks!

Last edited:

radio3353

Wendy would rock even more if she could tell us she has a product that will absolutely work with a P25 Phase 2 simulcast system.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Wendy would rock even more if she could tell us she has a product that will absolutely work with a P25 Phase 2 simulcast system.

Amen, radio3353!

I've bought my last scanner until someone comes out with one that can handle DMR and/or perform reasonably well on Linear Simulcast Modulation systems (P25 phase 1 and phase 2).

SOFA_KING

A WS1098 has a position reserved in the radio "stack". It's just a matter of the right price.

And...I wonder if Wendy is cute. ??? :D

P

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
The vendors currently showing pricing have these units at around 500 bucks give or take.

WoWSA...With all due respect to Wendy, that is insane. With everything we've seen with scanners lately, you'd have to be NUTS to be an early adopter, especially at those prices.

The 1088 is a 350 - 375 scanner at best. 1098, maybe a little more. And I would buy only from Amazon, as I do all my scanners of late and moving forward. If it's a disappointment they'll give a full refund and pay return shipping.

As others have mentioned here, aside from a keypad, what will these radios do to justify running out and spending 500 bucks? Do they or will they work any better than the Uniden offerings as receivers?

So, who's gonna volunteer their 500 bucks and be the first on the block?

Popcorn in hand waiting for the show....

SCPD

QRT
The 1088 is a 350 - 375 scanner at best. 1098, maybe a little more.

You said this last time re the 1095 .. but honestly, time to just let people do as they please.

I would love if my price up here in Canada was only $500. It is more like $750 here.

Me .. I will likely not be an early adopter. I have a 1095 and seldom use it cause it honestly as the user interface needs a bit of help, and I really think that the addition of a keyboard will help a lot.

I really am hoping that Whistler will sell fronts for those of us that bought 1095's.

I will then decide on the 1088 after that.

prcguy

So the WS1080 is currently selling for $379.99 on Amazon and its been on the market for some time. Why would you think a model with more features that is just hitting the market would only be worth $350 to $375 at best?
prcguy

The vendors currently showing pricing have these units at around 500 bucks give or take.

WoWSA...With all due respect to Wendy, that is insane. With everything we've seen with scanners lately, you'd have to be NUTS to be an early adopter, especially at those prices.

The 1088 is a 350 - 375 scanner at best. 1098, maybe a little more. And I would buy only from Amazon, as I do all my scanners of late and moving forward. If it's a disappointment they'll give a full refund and pay return shipping.

As others have mentioned here, aside from a keypad, what will these radios do to justify running out and spending 500 bucks? Do they or will they work any better than the Uniden offerings as receivers?

So, who's gonna volunteer their 500 bucks and be the first on the block?

SOFA_KING

People will "do as they please" despite my postings, I'm sure....

It's their money.

(bad actors singing) I can't afford this scanner and I need cash now. Call JG Bentworth, 877 CASH NOW...877 cash now.

It's (not) your money!

:D

P

Last edited:

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Yes, on the phone now trying to get a second mortgage to buy a new Whistler, AND the new whiz bang extra secret great feature add on pro voice addition for my 436!!!

Heck, it's only money.

prcguy....the fact that these units dropped down into my suggested price point MAKES my point effectively. Thanks for pointing it out.....

Early adopters will pay for being....well, early adopters! (And a keyboard).

prcguy

Places like Universal Radio still have the WS1080 listed at 479.95 and that's not far from the projected price of the 1088. I use an old RS PRO-96 to monitor my local LAPD and was going to upgrade to a WS1080, but I'll probably get a 1088 when they are available.
prcguy

Yes, on the phone now trying to get a second mortgage to buy a new Whistler, AND the new whiz bang extra secret great feature add on pro voice addition for my 436!!!

Heck, it's only money.

prcguy....the fact that these units dropped down into my suggested price point MAKES my point effectively. Thanks for pointing it out.....

Early adopters will pay for being....well, early adopters! (And a keyboard).

Status
Not open for further replies.