Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Have a whistler1065 ... told in my manual to use radio reference ... bought a subscription, found my area, connected my scanner and tried to download the frequencies in my area ... 18360 ... tried many times and can't figure out what next to do ... searched on you tube and the whistler site and all the information I can find is basically advertising ... is there a step by step tutorial somewhere to figure this out or do I need to return it to Amazon

SCPD

QRT
Yes ... software is the answer.

Programming it by hand is just well .. an exercise towards insanity. :wink::wink:

bigcam406

Yes ... software is the answer.

Programming it by hand is just well .. an exercise towards insanity. :wink::wink:

i have always programmed all of my scanners by hand.i find i learn more about the radio this way.plus if i get stumped on something,all i have to do is come to this site for the answer.win win IMO.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I used to do it by hand to, BECAUSE YOU HAD TO. I have better things to do than type stuff in more than one time. It's also a huge bonus that if you get another radio, you don't have to spend time duplicating what you did with the first one. Fifteen seconds and it's done, Then there's the backup, and the keypad wear that isn't happening anymore.

There's no good reason for anyone to program a scanner by hand anymore.

DJ11DLN

I used to do it by hand to, BECAUSE YOU HAD TO. I have better things to do than type stuff in more than one time. It's also a huge bonus that if you get another radio, you don't have to spend time duplicating what you did with the first one. Fifteen seconds and it's done, Then there's the backup, and the keypad wear that isn't happening anymore.

What he said.:D

bigcam406

What he said.:D

different strokes for different folks.i enjoy learning and applying the knowledge i have gained,and in the end,for me anyways,i have sense of satisfaction knowing i accomplished something without using a computer.learning is part of the hobby,so i have been applying it manually for years ever since i have been into this hobby(30 years).

JoeyC

Once you've learned and programmed two or three conventional channels and trunked systems manually, you've learned it.
Repeating said operation 500 times is just ludicrous. But, to each his own.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It is always good to know how to program to make tweaks. Especially when you're on the road and don't have programming cable & computer nearby to change.

Steps to get your scanner working.
Download software such as WIN500
Import desired frequencies from RR
You'll probably need to make minor changes to what was imported, such as assigning lists to what you want to hear (or at least put them all in list 1 for now)
Program (upload) the programming into the scanner
Press SCAN

scottyhetzel

Have a whistler1065 ... told in my manual to use radio reference ... bought a subscription, found my area, connected my scanner and tried to download the frequencies in my area ... 18360 ... tried many times and can't figure out what next to do ... searched on you tube and the whistler site and all the information I can find is basically advertising ... is there a step by step tutorial somewhere to figure this out or do I need to return it to Amazon

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to RAdioreference ...please be detailed in your subject line...the better you handle this the more members will be willing to help. Read some of the past posts, and you will get tons of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.