WS1040: Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge1997

Premium Subscriber
having problems programming the WS 1040. I guess technology has finally hit me. Can anyone help?

Will be for West Virginia/Greenbrier Co.

troymail

Silent Key
I recommend at least getting a copy of Win500 (Win500: WS1040, WS1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control) ... then it becomes a matter of what you are trying to listen to....

Greenbrier County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

There's conventional frequencies and then there are four Greenbrier SITEs on the State "SIRN" system (Alderson Quinwood, Lewisburg, and White Sulphur Springs)
West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

Looks like you can find Fire, EMS, Sheriff and many other county users on the State system.

Willing to help... let me know.

dodge1997

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the slow reply. Helps a lot.

Thanks again and have a safe and happy holidays

DJ11DLN

+1 on WIN500. I can program my GRE500-pattern scanners manually...but doing the whole thing that way would probably send me to the insane asylum. The software and cable are well worth the cost.:wink:

troymail

Silent Key
Not to make it too easy for ya but -- I created a Win500 file for Greenbrier ... If you still need help after downloading a 30 day trial copy of Win500 and playing with it and the programming cable, let me know...

krs

Hi, you seem to be knowledgeable...do you know offhand if the WS1040 will accept a clone from a PRO651? I suspect yes but would like to be sure before I buy one...thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Hi, you seem to be knowledgeable...do you know offhand if the WS1040 will accept a clone from a PRO651? I suspect yes but would like to be sure before I buy one...thanks!

I believe the answer is yes. Generally, they are all the same radio.

I have a RS PRO-651 and a GRE PSR-500 and they clone back and forth. The WS1040 is the Whistler version of the same radio(s) so I expect that should work as well.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ARC500

I have been using the ARC software by Butel for over ten years and have found it to also be very satisfactory with my Pro 106.

Cherri68

Premium Subscriber
this is an old thread but I'm trying to load a
wS1040 and I can't get my computer to recognize the usb cable any ideas?

Im feeling completely dumb....

Status
Not open for further replies.