New Firmware 1080/1095

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6698

There is new firmware for both radios. You can actually add and edit systems now without a computer. Have not dug into it to far yet, just happened to notice it after a firmware update for both radios.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks ..

I am not updating mine as I would never use it.

Life for my 1095 will consist of sitting on my desk .. and I never program other than from the software.

divison200

? Download scan lists on the 1098

How do you download scan lists that you create? I keep getting that the scanner is not connected to the computer which it is

trp2525

For the 1095 .. CPU 2.1 and DSP 1.3

I just checked for the WS1080 handheld and the latest available CPU firmware is 3.1 and the latest available DSP firmware is 1.3.

For those of us with the "sister" Radio Shack PRO-668 handheld the latest available CPU firmware is 2.4 and the latest available DSP firmware is 1.3.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone upgraded this firmware to their 1080/1095? How much easier does it make it to edit the systems?

cop284

Problem with reception WS1088

Got the scanner up & running, but seems like the audio is a little choppy(cuts in/out) Ive tried my portable 700MHz antenna which worked great and my mobile vehicle antenna. Both antennas give me fantastic signal but its still chopped. Any advice??

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
So, apparently you can only do the CPU firmware updates via the cable?

That kinda stinks. I guess I better not make my 1095 mobile setup too "permanent".

trp2525

FYI Whistler has also released (on 01-03-2016) a new version of the PC application software for the WS1080 and the WS1095 scanners. The newest/latest version of the PC application software is 2.7 Bld 375 for both scanners. You can update the PC application software directly from the EZ Scan software on your computer.

Here are the 2.7 Release Notes:

Version 2.7 - January 3, 2016
Bug Fixes:

Fixed issue when copying configuration or library data to a blank SD card where an error message would be displayed.

Operation:

The installer and updater will replace the desktop shortcut with a new shortcut.
The app will now include all trunked systems in the trunked system map file. This change allows the WS1095 and WS1098 to see all trunked systems for editing. To update your configurations, copy all configurations to your computer and then copy them back to the scanner's SD card. The file will be updated automatically in the process.
Changed the alpha tag for the scanlist reset button to be more descriptive of the actual function.

Status
Not open for further replies.