WS1095: Scan List delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister-w9zo

How do I go about deleting all of the information in a scan list. It seems that new data is just added to the info already in the list. I want to clear all the data so I can put all new info into the list.

rwier

How do I go about deleting all of the information in a scan list. It seems that new data is just added to the info already in the list. I want to clear all the data so I can put all new info into the list.

On one of the screens, can't remember which one, right column, where you assign scan lists, simply click on the scan list number, and if disappears, there is no data in the scan list.

typing answer from memory, but should be a good enough hint.

The data will still exist even if not in a scan list. It goes to the unassigned scan list.You can reassign it to a new scan list if desired.

I just took a look at a picture of your scanner and it was not what I thought. Probably have to disregard all.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
On Conventional Frequencies and Trunked Radio Systems tabs .. highlight either frequencies or talkgroups (after selecting system) as needed and press delete button on right.

That is it.

rwier

I can't see anything about clearing the data in a scan list - only how to turn on and off.

Top Line>Advanced: Make sure you have "Advanced" features #1, #2, and #3, turned on (checked).

I am on a new computer, so I just installed EZScan Software so I can elaborate on my answer. I am in the process of importing a medium sized TRS Simulcast System. I will import all Sites and TGs. I am at the place in the process where I am asked to select the one, or more, Scanlists to import the channels into. I quote the program: " ...All imported channels will be members of the selected scanlists ...". I deselect ALL Scanlists (NO BOXES CHECKED) as MY option.

The program will import the Channels into the "Unassigned Scanlist" (The one they don't tell you about).

I now select " ... Import Selected Channels ...", at the lower right of the " ... Import Selected Channels ... " screen.

The process stopped, waiting for me to select " ... Import Options ... ". I make my selections and click OK.

Now I click on " ... Import Channels ... " I imported 1 TRS, 17 Sites, and 302 TGs.

Under " ... Import Complete ... ", I click OK.

Back at the Library Import screen, I see the different Categories of TGs that were imported. I leave this window alone. It is very difficult to remember if you turn off TGs by Category. Such forgetfulness will likely result in a future post to RR Forums speculating that ones scanner is not working correctly.

Now we will get the "meat" of my response. Down at the bottom, I click on the " ... Scanlists ... " Tab. I see 150 numbered Scanlists, and 50 more pre-named Scanlists. If I click on each one I will find them ALL empty of TGs. Where is my import? It is in the " ... Unassigned Objects ... " Scanlist.

Go back to Scanlist 001 and scroll UP! Click on " ... Unassigned Objects ...". SCHAZAM!!!

All our TGs! I promise myself NEVER to DELETE any of them. Deleted, they must be imported again to retrieve them.

I highlight the first 10. Over in the right column. I LEFT CLICK anywhere in the highlighted portion. A Pop-Up window appears. Under " ... SEL ... ", I check " ... Scanlist 011 ... ".
Easy to forget to click on " ... Set .. "

Schazam!!! They are no longer in the Unassigned Objects Scanlist because we just assigned them to Scanlist 11. Back up to the uper left, and click on Scanlist 11. There are the selected TGs.

Want to clear Scanlist 11? You are already at the correct screen. Highlight all 10 rows. Over in the right column. LEFT CLICK anywhere in the highlighted portion. De-select the black box next to " ... Scanlist 011 ... ". Again, click on " ... Set ... ".

Now Scanlist 11 is empty and awaits your new selections from the Unassigned Objects Scanlist.

Go back to the Unassigned Objects Scanlist. The ten TGs are back, ready to be assigned sometime in the future if you change your mind. Make a new selection of TGs to assign to Scanlist 11 (left for the student's exercise}.

When you are sucessful, you will have removed one group of TGs from Scanlist 11, and re-populated Scanlist 11 with your new choices.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, you will have DELETED NOTHING!!!

Last edited:

Twister-w9zo

The step by step didn't exactly appear as listed, but by un-selecting all of the scan lists and using the unassigned objects, I was able to re-populate scan list 1 with the new data. Not sure where things went wrong for me, but I arrived with the correct results. All of the old data was gone and the new was there - which was what I wanted. Thanks for the detailed list.

rwier

The step by step didn't exactly appear as listed, but by un-selecting all of the scan lists and using the unassigned objects, I was able to re-populate scan list 1 with the new data. Not sure where things went wrong for me, but I arrived with the correct results. All of the old data was gone and the new was there - which was what I wanted. Thanks for the detailed list.

I was using the GRE 800 EZScan Software, a very close cousin to your scanner, but not exactly the same.

Twister-w9zo

NEW PROBLEM TODAY

I can go through all of the steps to program a list, but when i try to scan it indicates "empty scan list"

Doing a Google search I ran across other scanners with the same problem.
One indicated that the SD card was corrupted.
He mentioned buying a Class 10 card - that solved the problem.
I ordered 2, so will see if this fixes things.

rwier

NEW PROBLEM TODAY

" ... I can go through all of the steps to program a list ... "

That's called grading your own paper, lol. Take a half hour and carefully list each step you took to do the "programming". Don't leave anything out. Then the Forum Members can give your question the attention it deserves.

Quoting you from a previous post: " Your Software/Scanner didn't do exactly like mine. " I just occurred to me that the difference might be due to choices made prior to where I picked up the narrative, and I quote myself:

"I am in the process of importing a medium sized TRS Simulcast System. I will import all Sites and TGs. I am at the place in the process where I am asked to select the one, or more, Scanlists to import the channels into."

Now I will go back and list the steps prior.

At the "General Configurations Settings Screen", I click on the "Library Import" Tab (low/right). "Import Categories", I select "All On". In the "Select Import Type" window, I select "Standard".

Now, in the "Library Import" screen, I select "Arizona". In the "Data Type:" window, I select "Counties/Cites", and click on "Next" (low/center).
Under Counties/Cities", I select "Maricopa". Under "Data Type", I select "Systems", and click on "Next" (low/center).

On the "Library Import" screen, in the "Trunked Radio Systems" window, I "check" "Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC)". I click on "Sites", and click on "Select All". I click on "Back". I click on "Talkgroups", and click on "Select All". I click on "Back". I select "Import Selected Channels".

That brings us up to the point I began my previous narration of selecting Scanlists to import into, where I "Clear All" (to force all into the "Unassigned Objects" Scanlist).
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The above is what I mean by a step-by-step narration. If one of the steps above resulted in an inoperative scanner, even a novice could likely point out the error.

Last edited:

Twister-w9zo

sounds like you deleted the objects and didn't put any back in

I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now I have everything working.
Once it worked I copied the files to a backup folder in the computer.
I also copied all of the Folders to a new 16Gb SD drive and have that in the radio now.
I'm keeping the original 4Gb SD card as a backup in case I have problems in the future.
I should have made a backup initially.

Twister-w9zo

There may be other ways that work but this does.
In the EZ program, view the scan list of interest.
Highlight one of the items in the list and do a CTRL A to select all.
In the most right hand column do a Left Click. in the scanlist column.
Unselect the one you want cleared.
Click on SET
This will clear the list of your choice.
To transfer this to your scanner:
Turn off the scanner.
Connect your USB cable
At the top of the EZ software "Scanner/SD Card" tab
Copy configuration to Scanner Memory/SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.