How to stop the scanner when you hear something good

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6XPA

If you are listining to oneof these scanners scan AND you hear a pursuit on a certain channel, how do you stop the scanner on that channel so you can hear the rest of the putsuit so the scan stops?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
you hit pause and use the up and down keys to go through the playlist and you use the left and right keys to change the playlist. Short of that you have no recall button you have to see the screen. Off topic the X36 series of scanner have a recall playback button.

ecps92

Unless there was newer activity, it will return you to the most recent channel with activity
when in Scan. If there was activity other than that, No, you need to keep a list of your channels, just like the old days and key in the Object # aka Channel # to go to hear that activity
Okay and let's say you juuuuust missed it. How do you find it again?

Ed6698

You also can setup the scanner to record individual TG's or conventional frequencies. I have a few select ones set to be recorded all the time, I always have my wildcard set to be recorded also.

N8IAA

Okay and let's say you juuuuust missed it. How do you find it again?

Are you using one of the GRE/Whistler scanners like the 500/600? If no other transmissions have occurred, press MAN. It will take you to the last TG or conventional frequency that was on the scanner. Been doing this for 8 years on my RS 106/197 scanners.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.