WS Equivalent To PSR-310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking to find a scanner for use with aero bands, both VHF & UHF. for air shows. I really don't care about monitoring the public safety stuff. Is there a Whistler equivalent to the GRE PSR-310?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
PSR-310 Equivalent...

I looked at the specs for the WS101 and it does not include the Mil Air band, 225- 400 MHz. I believe the Uniden 125 XT does but I'm much partial to the GRE/Whistler radios... Any other ideas?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)

Swipesy

I looked at the specs for the WS101 and it does not include the Mil Air band, 225- 400 MHz. I believe the Uniden 125 XT does but I'm much partial to the GRE/Whistler radios... Any other ideas?

I too am a fan of GRE/Whistler products but I purchased a Uniden BC125AT for monitoring trains and military air. It is a wonderful unit with great screen, sound and sensitivity and pocket size. For $100.00 you can't go wrong.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Whistler Equivalent For PSR-310

Aircraft and railroads was the main motivation for this. I have a PSR-500 but would like something smaller... will think about that. What software do you use for the Uniden? I always found the Butel software less than user friendly. I use Butel software for all of my other scanners, PSR-500, PSR-600, and Pro-197.

Swipesy

Aircraft and railroads was the main motivation for this. I have a PSR-500 but would like something smaller... will think about that. What software do you use for the Uniden? I always found the Butel software less than user friendly. I use Butel software for all of my other scanners, PSR-500, PSR-600, and Pro-197.

I too have a GRE PSR 500 which I think is the best scanner ever made but it is deaf on railroad and aircraft bands compared to the Uniden BC125AT. The Uniden has software on it's website to program the BC125AT. It is as simple as software can be but works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.