We heard you - Remote Control Protocol coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

We heard you at Hamvention and it is clear that several of you are looking for remote control capabilities for our WS1080/WS1088, WS1095/98 scanners as well as the new TRX-1 and TRX-2 when they become available.

This request was already in the works so I am happy to announce that we will publish Remote Control Protocol, CC Dump Protocol, Audio File Header Format document (This document is intended for use by experienced software developers) soon!

Stay tuned to this space and I will let everyone know when it is officially available!

Thanks,

Whistler Wendy

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

We heard you at Hamvention and it is clear that several of you are looking for remote control capabilities for our WS1080/WS1088, WS1095/98 scanners as well as the new TRX-1 and TRX-2 when they become available.

This request was already in the works so I am happy to announce that we will publish Remote Control Protocol, CC Dump Protocol, Audio File Header Format document (This document is intended for use by experienced software developers) soon!

Stay tuned to this space and I will let everyone know when it is officially available!

Thanks,

Whistler Wendy

Great news Wendy.... Thanks!

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber

The EZ Scan Software has always been user friendly for Me.

wise871

Database Admin
The EZ Scan Software has always been user friendly for Me.

EZ Scan Software is no where as user friendly as Win500 which is a similar layout. Why do I have to update from a text or excel file to make changes. The copy, paste, and sort restriction of my own files is one of the reason I am selling my WS1095. I can't even sort my Truck Radio Systems so they are more organized without recreating them all. :(

And yes I understand why it is the way it is.

Last edited:

BalunKnot

Wendy -

WIN500 always worked great. Whistler may want to bring Don Starr in on the project (starrsoft.com). Love his software.

Just my two cents.

Very exciting though for the future!

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

Thanks,

Whistler Wendy
SWEEEEEEET.................So happy with my 1098 and the support from Whistler. Thanks

wise871

Database Admin
Wendy -

WIN500 always worked great. Whistler may want to bring Don Starr in on the project (starrsoft.com). Love his software.

Just my two cents.

Very exciting though for the future!

DonS is part of there team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Wendy when you can let us know a little more about the remote control.
#1. Will Whistler release a remote client like Don did for the PSR500 PSR600 scanners?
#2. Maybe PROSCAN can pick up on this for their software.
Thanks for listening and responding.

gwbaker

Hi everyone -

Thanks,

Whistler Wendy

Wendy, thanks so much for the official update. Now I and everyone else can quit speculating about your subtle hint. Nice meeting you in Dayton, and I eagerly await delivery of the TRX-1.

Bill

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Whistler Wendy and the rest of the team ! Looking forward to Win800 or WS800 from Don Starr .

mancow

Database Admin
EZ Scan Software is no where as user friendly as Win500 which is a similar layout. Why do I have to update from a text or excel file to make changes. The copy, paste, and sort restriction of my own files is one of the reason I am selling my WS1095. I can't even sort my Truck Radio Systems so they are more organized without recreating them all. :(

And yes I understand why it is the way it is.
I love it. I find it super easy, but logical and also powerful. It's nice not having to deal with favorites lists. It's also nice being able to update from the database without losing custom labels.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Great news about the protocol. This has been one major reason I prefer Uniden over Whistler. I use ProScan and Butel software quite a bit. I suspected something might be up about releasing the protocol when I saw a post by Gommert (Butel) somewhere about the new Whistler models.
Indeed with the new models, upgrade possibility, and the promise of an improved front end, I will be glad to add these new scanners and post my results with scanning in So. California.

Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.