TRX-1 and TRX-2 Presales

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwbaker

trp2525

FYI Ham Radio Outlet has FREE ground shipping (to the continental US) for orders over $100. Universal Radio charges $14.95 flat rate shipping (to the continental US) for orders over $500.01. You have to consider shipping charges and sales tax (if applicable to your state) to get your total delivered price.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
FYI Ham Radio Outlet has FREE ground shipping (to the continental US) for orders over $100. Universal Radio charges $14.95 flat rate shipping (to the continental US) for orders over $500.01. You have to consider shipping charges and sales tax (if applicable to your state) to get your total delivered price.
This is why Universal was not my first choice over the others listed, as they charge for shipping. I have never had anything shipped from them (they are only 20 minutes away) so I didn't know how much they charged.

Last edited:

woodpecker

NOTICE:
The information shown is preliminary and subject to change. This new model will be available August 2016.
We are accepting orders now. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship. You may cancel anytime prior to shipping.

Has the release already slipped to August, I thought these were due end of this month?

gwbaker

Zip Scanners has dropped their price to remain the "best price."

TRX-1 539.90 - Free Ship
TRX-2 599.90 - Free Ship

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Looking through their website, I don't see the new scanners user manual's PDF. I reserve my comments till I read it. I prefer Uniden, but I am looking forward to NXDN reception in Whistler's.

gwbaker

I have come close to pulling the presales trigger more than once. But, my froogle roots and love of a deal has stopped me. I even tried to check out at zipscanners and a glitch on their web site stopped me. Does anyone have any insight on to when the boats from china will show up so that we can buy these???

woodpecker

I have come close to pulling the presales trigger more than once. But, my froogle roots and love of a deal has stopped me. I even tried to check out at zipscanners and a glitch on their web site stopped me. Does anyone have any insight on to when the boats from china will show up so that we can buy these???

I too have nearly done it, I asked Scannermaster a few questions but it felt like they had a can't be bothered attitude and the terse single line responses to my questions has put me off, they also want full payment now to hold one, without a confirmed date I wasn't happy with that.

There is still no page on the Whistler website for these models, no pdf manual to look at, it all seems a bit vague, from what I can gather the 1080/1088 DMR doesn't even work in search mode so I presume these new models will be the same, maybe I'll just stick with my Unidens...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Got this email this morning from ScannerMaster (not endorsing, just posting):

55567d1465479191-cats-out-bag-trx-1-2.jpg

gwbaker

The Bearcat Warehouse is also selling the TRX-1 and TRX-2 scanners. Per an online chat that I just had the TRX-1 (Whistler TRX-1 DMR Capable Handheld Digital Scanner) is $539.90 and the TRX-2 (Whistler TRX-2 DMR Capable Base/Mobile Digital Scanner) is $599.90 with free shipping included on pre-orders. Estimated shipping is "early to mid July" per my online chat.

Makes me wonder if bearcatwarehouse.com is further down Whistler's list of preferred distributors (maybe based on their name), or if bearcatwarehouse.com is just being conservative with their estimate to avoid disappointed customers.

Comp-100

History is a good guide... it may be September before many see these. They got a great response to their DMR update, but Uniden is on their tail. They may have had a fresh look look at that thread poking the thorn in their side as they want a nice launch and with the price they hope to get I think they need more than what they have currently put on the table. Be patient, keep your money in the bank until they start shipping, I see no need for a pre-order.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Be patient, keep your money in the bank until they start shipping, I see no need for a pre-order.

And if the sole reason you are buying this scanner is purported future NXDN support, I would be patient until that is actually released. It's pretty amazing that these marketers are getting people to buy products based on advertising potential features that aren't even present at sale. "Buy our truck, it has a 16-speed automatic transmission, well, not right now, but later this year, assuming we get it all figured out." If the delay is technological, then put resources on the project and get it done. Worse, if the delay is contractual, you better hope it doesn't fall through.

Wait it out. Let others test it. At least if you are frugal or are otherwise on a budget.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
It's pretty amazing that these marketers are getting people to buy products based on advertising potential features that aren't even present at sale. .

Bait advertising is nothing new.

I honestly think Whistler will deliver what they claim, unlike Uniden.

K4APR

...but it felt like they had a can't be bothered attitude and the terse single line responses to my questions has put me off...

This is exactly why I won't buy from them anymore. If you can't at least be nice to me, to get me to pay your (Always higher than everyone else) price, then I don't want to deal with your attitude. Why should I? We're talking a big chunk of cash these days for a hobby toy (when it comes down to it).

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
OOOhhhhhh Fahhhhhhhh...

WOWSA!!! $550.00 for these things?

I love that Whistler picked up the fallen torch from GRE, but wow....

Thanks in advance to those willing to plop down that much cash for a scanner
and letting the rest of us know how they work.

Fortunately, being just outside of NY City the DMR stuff offered as a free upgrade by Whistler
for my 1095 which I bought at a ridiculously low price sans keyboard will suffice. Heck the NYPD is still analog UHF!!!

Soon these will be available used or discounted for hundreds less......

Enjoy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.