Will There Be Any Future Butel Software For The TRX-1 & TRX-2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I had a GRE PSR-500 several years ago before switching back to Uniden. Now, with DMR, I am considering whether to go with Uniden or Whistler. I have read that Butel software has not been made available for the more recent Whistler WS1088 and WS1098. Does that mean it is pretty unlikely that the forthcoming TRX-1 & TRX-2 will have Butel software available, too?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
The word on the street is that Whistler's agreement with Radio Reference for using the database for their library is the reason for the locked down programming and data files. Purportedly, no one knows the Whistler data file format, or at least they won't post it publicly on here. Try calling or emailing the Whistler Group, but I would bet that it isn't going to happen. We're probably stuck with "EZ" Scan.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I don't follow how her statement answers the question. Can you elaborate?

D

darunimal

With Remote Protocol being released shortly (less than 28 months), anyone that wants to develop software will have "the key to the castle".

Last edited:

Voyager

Note what is being released: REMOTE CONTROL. That is much different than programming. As for nobody knowing the format, I bet many people do, but they cannot release firmware without violating the RR restrictions. Ask Assaf (FreeScan and PowerPatrol author) about that.

samv

Zip Scanners Shill Account
Banned
So to be clear you guys saying we can program the TRX-1 and TRX-2 via EZ Scan OR remotely now.

samv

Zip Scanners Shill Account
Banned
So to be clear we'll have the choice to able to program the TRX1 and TRX2 via EZ Scan(SD CARD) or Remotely. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.