new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

looking to buy a TRX1 scanner but I need to know if this is going to be over my head far as programing this scanner. I know a little about this computer but Iam not up to date on a lot of this new scanner programming. I don't want to but something that is going to give me fits and not get the use of it. I have been in this hobby for 40 years but my last scanner was a pro 197. Fill me in guys.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
How elaborate and customized do you want to get with the programming?

If you just want to do downloads of the Radio Reference database, it works well enough (hint: Use the "by preferred" import technique). If you are wanting to import your own lists, export from EZ Scan, merge and move things around, or export frequencies added from the scanner, you will likely be frustrated (and some things, like exporting, you simply can't do).

I assume the TRX-1 will use EZ Scan. In which case, head to the Whistler Group website and download EZ Scan for one of the existing scanners, like the WS1080 and WS1088, and you can get a good idea of how the software works.

I am happy to help your program and help with the software. There's no doubt the two biggest problems with the Whister scanners are the following: 1) Inadequate performance on many P25 simulcast systems and 2) the locked down and buggy nature of the "EZ" Scan software.

https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/updates/

Status
Not open for further replies.