DMR updates available this afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Updates to the DMR functionality will be available through the PC app this afternoon!

•Fixed issue where some DMR systems were not being imported properly when using the location import methods.

•Added support for conventional DMR channels. Channels may be added using the preferred import method or add manually from the conventional channel tab.

•Added a more powerful new channel entry screen when entering new conventional channels from the Conventional tab. This screen allows entering the channel type, Alpha tag, access details (CTCSS/DCS/NAC or DMR settings), and scanlist memberships.

•Added Color Code, Slot, and Talkgroup ID options to the import screen on the conventional import screens. For this information to be imported, the "Mode" or Modulation element to be imported must be set to DMR. "Wildcard" values for these fields are Color Code: -1 (or blank), Slot: 0, Talkgroup ID: 0.

•Changed the column header "Modulation" to "Mode" in the conventional import screen to be more consistent with other areas of the application.

•Added support for new RRDB fields to allow import of DMR settings. These options require library data files version 471 or later.

•Fixed issue where the library import functions would include frequencies that are invalid for the scanner (those below 25MHz for example).

•Fixed issue where setting a trunking system to DMR would cause the site sub-type to be set to P25 Auto. While this value was shown, it was more cosmetic in nature and did not effect the scanning of the system.

•Fixed a positioning issue with the squelch edit screen on the conventional channel list.

•Updated help file to include information about DMR conventional objects and options
•Added Dwell Time column to the Trunked system list on the Trunked tab. This setting controls how long the scanner will remain on the selected trunking system before giving up and moving on to the next system or frequency.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
You will need to be sure to update the PC app, the CPU and the DSP.

Once you update the CPU and DSP:

•Removed "Edit System" item from "Edit CONV" menu
•DMR: Fixed extra character in recording header, messing up frequency data
•DMR: Fixed handling of talkgroups as 16-bit
•DMR: Optimized leaving freq when no voice present
•DMR: Added support for conventional DMR channels (CONV objects)
•Added support for DMR in the "Search" modes
•Added support for DMR in the "Sweeper" modes

Last edited:

gordonbrittas

Smiles all round except when trying to update the PC application.

Getting a HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found message,is it a busy server?

cookmaster

CAP+ System using RAS

Don Star, anyone else That might know the answer, i am trying to listening to a local Marriott Hotel CAP+ i was literally setting in their parking lot in my car on a CAP+ system, according DSD+ they are using RAS,my WS-1088 is showing the (S) and (T) symbols, but its not opening squelch at all and not showing any Talk Groups active or anything, i program the WS-1088 first as a Trunk system with a wild card and then as a conventional DMR trunk system with a wild card,still did not make a difference,it seems to me if a CAP+ DMR system is using RAS we not be able to Monitor what say you?

trido

Premium Subscriber
Search mode works great a BIG thanks.
Some of us like it this way where scanner does NOT stop and stay on a CC freq.

Thanks

Last edited:

gordonbrittas

All up to date.

Thanks WhistlerWendy and all concerned this is a great improvement,much more enjoyable to be able to use the search function on the scanner and find DMR transmission's with all the information then add to conventional rather than the trunked system.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The update went flawlessly, as usual, and the new features / changes are great. I've only used it for a couple of minutes but the improvements are nice. Thanks, again, Wendy and the team at Whistler!

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the programming of DMR as conventional is like a new type of conventional. I.e. we now have conventional DMR and conventional everything else.

So, when the "Mode" is set to "Auto" on a conventional frequency, if that frequency is DMR, will the scanner decode it?

DonS

For conventional channels, the scanner will only decode DMR if the channel object is expressly set to DMR.

diskmonger

Update works great, I was never able to receive conventional channels even with setting it up as a trunked system before. The conventional method seems to work flawlessly.

One observation: Encryption is not muted, not a big deal but maybe something to add to the list for future updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.