Where to buy TRX1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsat

I want to buy a TRX1 . It appears that all the online stores I have tried are out of stock.eg. HRO, Universal, Scannermaster.

Does one need to backorder and wait for inventory or what?

I guess it will take a while for inventory levels to stabilise.

afdscan

I ordered one from HRO on June 30th. They said it was going to be a couple of weeks before they received their next shipment from Whistler. So, it looks like maybe one more week...

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I ordered from Zip Scanners $539 on June 28th, said on the webpage ships on July 5th, still haven't received it. If you order from Zip, make sure to create an account, cuz they don't seem to send email confirmations, so you won't be able to track anything.

Paul

chrisandkorena

Premium Subscriber
I ordered from Zip Scanners $539 on June 28th, said on the webpage ships on July 5th, still haven't received it. If you order from Zip, make sure to create an account, cuz they don't seem to send email confirmations, so you won't be able to track anything.

Paul

I too ordered from zip scanners on the 28th. They said at that point they would ship on July 5th. I have not received anything yet and now the web site says shipping will be July 18th. My account just says processing

samsat

I was in touch with Whistler who said that more inventory is scheduled to arrive at dealers towards the end of this month.

Thanks for the replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I just got a reply back from Zip........there was a "delay", they anticipate receiving a shipment from the manufacturer on July 18th. They need to put on their "ships on" date that that is the day they expect to receive scanners, not the day an in stock item will ship out. I am used to B&H for video products.......their website says will ship on means that is the day the in stock stuff goes out. :p

Paul

SCPD

QRT
Zips said they had it in stock when I ordered mine,I even had them check,then the next day,they said they refunded me because they didnt have it?
I ordered mine from HRO and received it before the stock ran out,at least they delivered what they said they had...

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
HRO shows the TRX-1 "In Stock - Ready to ship" from the Plano, TX store. I'm deciding between it and the 1088 myself... I'm just a little tight on my radio funds at the moment and don't know if it's worth the extra $100...

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Can't comment on whether extra $100 is worth it. Fortunately, I have had TRX-1 and 2 for about week and half. These are good radios folks, as you have seen from mine and other posts on forums. Looking forward to all of you getting these radios and sharing your experiences in your local area with these new units. P25 and DMR quality is superb IMO. If NXDN as good, will be very happy.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Can't comment on whether extra $100 is worth it. Fortunately, I have had TRX-1 and 2 for about week and half. These are good radios folks, as you have seen from mine and other posts on forums. Looking forward to all of you getting these radios and sharing your experiences in your local area with these new units. P25 and DMR quality is superb IMO. If NXDN as good, will be very happy.

Mind shooting a video of some of the DMR action? YouTube or an attachement?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Happy to announce TRX-1 are in stock I am shipping TODAY.

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Busy busy.. Will try and get TRX-1 video on tonight. However, will be similar to the TRX-2 video. The DMR sounds good .now hearing slot 2. We have lots of DMR here in my area. Jeff at Ham Station good guy and knows scanners. If the TRX-1 is available there, might be a strong consideration.for some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.