Help for a disabled veteran! Whistler TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotttish

Dear all, I am a brain injured, disabled military veteran and I LOVE listening to public safety radio. I have ordered the Whistler TRX-1, and should be getting by the end of next week. I live in Western Arkansas. Since my in-service traumatic brain injury, I have a learning disability and I am really slow at learning any of this radio stuff. There's a GREAT guy named Matt, from California, that has patiently helped me with all things Kenwood, but I find that this scanner stuff is nearly beyond my mental reach. It's really hard to ask, but I need some guidance in this programming stuff, DMR codes, and generally getting things into my memory, so I can have greater enjoyment/understanding in this hobby. I have driving down to Whistler Headquarters in the past, but although they are WONDERFUL, it is easy to get lost in the shuffle there. Can anyone PM me and patiently help me with questions, although seeming stupid ones, as I very slowly learn this hobby?? Thanks and God bless you in advance. R-

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You can get started with the programming now if you want. Then, once the scanner arrives, you'll have your scan lists ready to go. We'll get you going.

scotttish

Thanks Aggie!

You can get started with the programming now if you want. Then, once the scanner arrives, you'll have your scan lists ready to go. We'll get you going.

Oddly, I can do a lot of cool programming on Uniden and Kenwood, but have lots of issues remembering Whistler. Thanks and blessings Aggie!

Status
Not open for further replies.