data thresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

Can you set the trx1 to check all towers in your scanlist or do you have to set data decode tresholds. My pro 106 worked better without setting data tresholds and just having it check all tower sites I had in the scanlist.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If you want it to check multiple sites, the best way to do it is to program each site as its own system. It is a little annoying to have to deal with copies of all the talkgroups, but if you make a copy of the system after you get all the talkgroups straight, it's not too bad.

In my opinion, it's probably best to stick to one site and only the active control channel on that site, unless you are in a location with very little radio traffic. The more sites you try to have it decode, the more it will be jumping around getting a few frames here and there of various sites (and that's if you are lucky).

Where are you? What systems? What types, etc.?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you want it to check multiple sites, the best way to do it is to program each site as its own system. It is a little annoying to have to deal with copies of all the talkgroups, but if you make a copy of the system after you get all the talkgroups straight, it's not too bad.

In my opinion, it's probably best to stick to one site and only the active control channel on that site, unless you are in a location with very little radio traffic. The more sites you try to have it decode, the more it will be jumping around getting a few frames here and there of various sites (and that's if you are lucky).

Where are you? What systems? What types, etc.?
Exactly right! Only 1 tower in my immediate vicinity which is a P25 phase 1 system at this time, I log all the talkgroups my tower affiliates with along with maybe 250 conventional public safety, state, Ittf, medical, fire, nationwide fed & a few business freqs and it scans pretty quick. :wink: 73, n9zas

HOLEBILLY

Im in a rural area about 10 miles from closest Marcs tower site in Ohio.I have about 4 tower sites within 20 miles from me. Marcs IP is the only P25 system I will scan. Do you have to set the data decode tresholds and if so what is a good setting or do you just play with it to get the best setting. Thank you very much for your help,

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If you put all of the sites in the same system, you will want to adjust the thresholds to whatever works best for your situation (i.e. prevent it from roaming all the time but on the other hand have it drop a weak tower). You can even customize it per site (i.e. make the drop threshold for you home site quite high). It's not going to scan through each site unless you program each site in its own system. If there is only one site per system, the threshold is not relevant.

Program active control channels only. There is no sense in having it check dead air for the site control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.