Library Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I figured out how to find the Library Version on Whistler ZIP Code scanners (it's in the Firmware Version table). It identifies with a number, on the TRX-2 it shows 462, on my 1095 which I haven't updated in awhile it shows 423.

I Presume this indicates a week but is there a way to tell the date assigned to that week?

I presume I could just update it and see what it is now but there should be a table someplace that shows the date assigned to the week number shown.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Not an official answer obviously, but the number sort of used to give an indication of the time frame (if you did some math). But many moons ago to prove to Emmett Gulley that Don was indeed in charge of the GRE updates I "believe" he changed the update number to something a lot higher (316?), skipping everything in-between.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
From the PSR-800 Yahoo group...

I also wrote the program that, every Friday night (generally finishing on Saturday) retrieves the database info from RadioReference, converts it to the GRE format, and uploads it to the FTP server accessed by the various “EZ-Scan” programs. If this is in doubt, here’s a bit of precognition:
· The next update that appears will be version 316. It won’t be the expected 195 (based on version 194 that appeared on 22 June 2013). Determining the significance of 316 is left as an exercise for the reader.
· I’m not concerned about the 194 to 316 jump causing a problem with database version longevity. It takes 2.35 years off of the 15.38 year remaining life of the versioning system, so now we’re down to about 13 years from now. I was paid in advance to keep the weekly updates going, but not quite that far in advance.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Great... So what will become of EZ Scan once there are no more RR updates yet it still is locked down because of the RR updates? Just something to look forward too...

N9JIG

Sheriff
Great... So what will become of EZ Scan once there are no more RR updates yet it still is locked down because of the RR updates? Just something to look forward too...

Not quite sure what you mean here. If this is in reference to the post above, I think that was the programmer trying to get someone to understand the process by showing he controlled the library number and that the database is not just a raw dump from RR, but rather it is massaged by the manufacturers.

There is no indication that support for EZ-Scan or the RRDB will be withdrawn. Even if the sky falls in on the empire one can still edit their own stuff with EZ-Scan.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Don exposed that he has a set contract for providing the updates. What if he decides they aren't paying him enough, etc. in the future? EZ Scan is a mess. I'll be shocked if Whistler releases new scanners in the future. At this rate, I'll be shocked if they actually follow through with NXDN.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

TAbirdman

all I can say is a quote from one of the greatest comedy movies ever: STRIPES - "... lighten up Frances!.."

SCPD

QRT
idea

If you have a TRX-1 or 2 you can program with the keypad. You can also still program with the software yourself if all else fails. And theres always search then hit store channel. So life would go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.