Remote Control Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Its working for me and took about 30 seconds to get connected and running. The application emulates the front panel and display and is working as a complete remote control for the radio. It would be interesting if the radio had a built in USB audio interface so you could control and listen remotely via a remote computer application without any additional hardware.
prcguy

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I was able to download it on a different computer. It appears the font is slightly too big for the display screen and elements on the right side do not show.

73 Eric

gwbaker

Hi everyone -
We have put a downloadable demo of the Remote Control software on our website.

It is a downloadable .exe file that you can use for the remote control feature.

https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/updates/

Happy scanning!

WW

Wendy, I know you could not talk about anything "not on the table," at Dayton, but thanks so much for the body language clues that this was coming.

It is clear that I made the right choice. Glad to see you guys offering your own version of control software to offer an alternative to the aftermarket varieties that are probably coming. Either way a user goes, it means more choices and more flexibility for the end user. You are affirming that I went the right direction.

As Wendy knows, I was headed to a Uniden vendor's table at Dayton to buy their latest offering when I happened past the Whistler booth and Wendy convinced me to wait. Clearly the right decision.

scosgt

I can confirm this works with the PSR-800, Radio Shack PRO-688, AND THE PRO-18

Until someone makes a unified program (PROSCAN!!!) you can run an audio cable for sound and access the remote from Splashtop. The only thing it won't do is throw the text tags onto the screen in your car.

scosgt

I can also confirm that you can use Radio Feed to broadcast to your cell phone with tags over bluetooth, and stop the server and open this control program using Splashtop to change the scan groups etc, then close it out and go back to radio feed for car use. I use Scanner Radio by Gordon Edwards (ANDROID), it allows you to receive your scanner with text tags over bluetooth.
Very very cool.
Don S had stated a long time ago that these scanners could be remote controlled, but no one was willing to write the software.
Don KNOWS.

scosgt

Hello,

I was able to download it on a different computer. It appears the font is slightly too big for the display screen and elements on the right side do not show.

73 Eric

That probably has to do with your monitor resolution. Many programs are written in some flavor of Visual Basic and they do not always display properly.
Try dragging the edges of the window and see if you can stretch it to a useful size.
I am running an XP computer and it displays just fine at 1440X900

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I can confirm this works with the PSR-800, Radio Shack PRO-688, AND THE PRO-18

Until someone makes a unified program (PROSCAN!!!) you can run an audio cable for sound and access the remote from Splashtop. The only thing it won't do is throw the text tags onto the screen in your car.

And I can confirm if you are lucky enough to have 2 radios, you can run 2 instances of the program side by side to monitor both radios simultaneously. (in my case a Pro-668 and WS-1088)
The logging feature would be a plus, but remember, the 1088 already records the audio and tags right on the SD card if you set the channel to record.
Bob

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The virus warning is most likely a false positive. I have see it with other software and virus programs, but my ham and scanner software seem to be more prone to the problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That probably has to do with your monitor resolution. Many programs are written in some flavor of Visual Basic and they do not always display properly.
Try dragging the edges of the window and see if you can stretch it to a useful size.
I am running an XP computer and it displays just fine at 1440X900

I don't think the language has anything to do with the scaling problem. This program appears is written in Visual C++ anyways. The scaling problem is something Microsoft has been struggling with for years. It may be fixed in Win 10 as now they are using a display scaling method and before Win 10 was various font scaling methods.

Swipesy

Very nice app. Now can one more feature be added to the app? A Activity Log like WIN500 has to capture "hits" to a text file.

John

mancow

Database Admin
I don't think the language has anything to do with the scaling problem. This program appears is written in Visual C++ anyways. The scaling problem is something Microsoft has been struggling with for years. It may be fixed in Win 10 as now they are using a display scaling method and before Win 10 was various font scaling methods.

Now all we need is Proscan support for these. :wink:

AC9BX

At first run, clicked begin, blue screen of death.
But then it worked fine. It connected to received info from the Pro-197. Display doesn't work aside from LED color, buttons do things but not the intended things. I just thought it was fun that it connected and did anything at all. As for with the 1095, very nice so far despite being a demo. It brought up the menu, did stuff it was supposed to do. I'm encouraged.

troymail

Silent Key
No antivirus warnings here on in 7 Pro/McAfee...

Had some issues using my normal USB/COM port but after a reboot and a different USB/COM port, it's working well here. Nice!

If we're taking requests.... (can't hurt to ask, right?) ... would be nice to allow it to take keyboard input - toggle scanlists, enter frequencies, etc....

mrkelso

Working Great using Parallels on my Mac in a virtual machine. Connects in about 2 sec's Love it

Status
Not open for further replies.