TRX-1/TRX-2 Discriminator Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I'm very seriously considering abandoning my Uniden loyalty for a Whistler TRX-2. There's one hinging question. The IF/Discriminator Output Mode. Does this supply actual, true discriminator audio same as a tap would?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried looking at the owners manual on Whistlers website? Page 49 of the TRX 2 manual.

I have, and I'm aware of what it says. However, a manual is not the same as the experience of an owner. I'm slightly skeptical about words vs experience.

bg_nashville

Is anyone using their TRX-1 to provide audio to DSD+, for example?

I'm also interested in the answer to that question. I'm not sure I can justify spending that much money on another radio unless it has some clear advantages over the 436HP in some areas.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
I'm very seriously considering abandoning my Uniden loyalty for a Whistler TRX-2. There's one hinging question. The IF/Discriminator Output Mode. Does this supply actual, true discriminator audio same as a tap would?

Hi RadioDitch -
Yes, the IF/Discriminator Output will supply true audio just as a tap does.

D

darunimal

Have you tried a Pro-106 to supply your discriminator out, or pro-197, or pro-651/652

N9JIG

Sheriff
If it matters to anyone I can report that the old standby "TP-4" discriminator tap point is still alive and well on the TRX-1 and TRX-2.

Of course you probably wouldn't need it but it is there for those who still want to modify their radios and void their warranties.

Status
Not open for further replies.