TRX-1. Felony traffic stop this morning I65 Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Nice work on the video. I am about to get a TRX-1 after hearing yours at work. Thanks.

There's a learning curve on the programming of the radio but once dialed in, this is a real powerhouse of a scanner IMO

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that the performance of these scanners is highly dependent upon your location and the configuration of your local radio system.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that the performance of these scanners is highly dependent upon your location and the configuration of your local radio system.

In other words, "Ya gotta know what you're doin'" LOL

What helps me greatly is that I was an avionics repairman in the military. Helicopter radios/communications. UHF, VHF, FM, some HF, etc So studied radio theory in great detail at Ft Gordon GA and had the pleasure of tearing into the "guts" of these radios and making repairs at component level and doing signal tracing and voltage and using all sorts of test equipment .....signal generators, oscilloscopes, test kits designed for each radio and tons of military manuals. I really enjoyed it, especially my time in Germany back before the wall came down.....85-86 Working with the pilots oh and working out with the pilots....haha Back when Cobras and hueys and chinooks and OH-58's were the sh*t. lol

Now that we have digital and towers with repeaters and satellites, ....oh and smart phones, it's even more fun trying to learn the capabilities. I just love listening to and knowing what's going on around me as all these invisible signals are rushing by us at the speed of light. Fascinating hobby.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I don't doubt it at all. I've been reading your posts and am thinking "didn't he just get a Whistler like a week ago." It seems like you can pull just about anything out of the air. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Email me sometime if you've had a chance to listen to that link I sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.