WS1080: How to manually program? (No Docs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayLife

During this past weekend I found a Whistler 1080 at a yard sale for $10, obviously used. It's got no box, no documentation, or cords of any kind, just the unit. The previous owner was of no help whatsoever, judging by the welcome message I'm pretty sure he didn't have a clue. I live in the San Francisco bay area, Alameda county specifically and am trying to pick up any of the P25 communications. At present Analog comes in great, but no Digital. I searched the database on RR here and none of the cities appear to have frequencies which I am assuming is part of the problem.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing of Digital scanners, had my Analog for several years and recently moved to a city which operates under P25. Wasn't expecting to find a WS1080 at a yard sale but given my situation and the sweet deal it seemed like a no brainer at the time. Don't really care about listening to every city or everything but more the city I'm currently in if possible. Do Digital scanners require frequencies like Analog or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.