Newbie help with TRX 1 search options....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fires999

Hi Everyone,
Please accept my apologies in advance if this is a real basic question from the UK !!

I'm looking at buying a TRX 1 Scanner as here in the UK a lot of commercial users such as taxis, security guards ,couriers are now using dmr. I understand th TRX 1 can decode the digital audio to clear for my listening pleasure - i appreciate the scanner may be linked to us databases etc, however all I want to do is what I do now with my analogue scanners :

1, select a lower freq limit eg 164.500 mhz
2.select a higher freq limit eg 169.500 mhz
3.select step e.g 12.5h khz
4. select mode of FM
5. Push SEARCH and scanner searches until it finds a signal and I can hear whats happening !!

Can I do this with TRX 1,search two limits , stops on a digital dmr signal , lets me hear clear audio and maybe display slot , color code etc ?
Sorry my question is basic but thats all I want to do !!! Here in the UK i have a list of about 50 spot frequencies of dmr users- can i punch in the TRX 1 a freq of 456.500mhz fm and hear clear audio ?
Thanks in advance = Kevin UK

fires999

wbswetnam,
Really appreciate the reply - I am a simple sole , just want to type in a dmr freq I already know (local crane operator) and hear what he's saying!!!
I also have a dmr handheld tytera uhf radio , so if the TRX 1 displays slot and color code then I can use this info to program my tytera radio (i have disabled the tx) and use the radio as a cheap dmr receiver - the tytera was cheap and I can sling it around the car instead of the delicate TRX 1.
Again , thanks for simple answer to simple question.
Kevin UK

fires999

Cost of TRX -1 here in UK...

wbswetnam,

Well, I have just sent the biggest radio/scanner/Ham dealer here in UK an email to ask that exact question. They sent an email about 5 mins ago stating they were UK Whistler stockists and would let me know when the TRX 1 was in stock , so sounds like they're waiting for theirs to arrive.
The company is Martin Lynch and sons (ML&S) if you want to have a look at uk prices in general online.

I am in unique position as I am in the Fire Service here in UK but I work on USAF Base , soI can benefit from US gas/petrol prices etc.
If i find items cheaper in US i simply get one of the Airmen on base to order via his US/UK base address where it takes few days to be forwarded from US address to UK base but few days is fine for me !
I have seen TRX 1 for sale on AMAZON (US SITE) for $540...is that good ?
As per my first post , I haven't got my TRX 1 yet - wanted to check it did what I thought it would and thanks to you , you have confirmed it does !
Kind regards
Kevin

wbswetnam

I bought mine through an Amazon supplier too, for about $540. I like the money-back guarantee that comes from buying it through Amazon rather than some website I've never heard of before.

fires999

Re:...Cost of TRX -1 here in UK...

Confirmed as TRX-1 = $499
Confirmed as TRX-2 = $549

So just need to convert into uk (25th August 2016)
TRX-1 = £378
TRX-2 = £416

Thats the total price for radios in 2 UK stores when they arrive in approx 2 weeks

Have seen conflicting reviews, all I want to do is either search between 2 freq limits and if I find a DMR channel I want to be able to hear clear audio and also see slot time and colour code so I can program my TYTERA DMR radios (1 x vhf and 1 x uhf) - these can then be thrown in the car without too much hassle.
I also want to program the Whistler with approx 50 spot frequencies of confirmed DMR users near me .
The alternatives have been me using my scanner with discriminator tap and notebook running decoding software - this setup works really well , just not that discreet !!!
The other option is a base/mobile radio the AOR DV 1 that decodes dmr audio and thats it !!! No slot or colour code information and a price here in the UK of £1099.95.
So, with the above in mind, do you think the Whistler will do what i need it to ?
I have other scanners for dedicated Airband, Military Airband ...HF radios for Utility stuff on usb.
Thanks
Kevin UK

Status
Not open for further replies.