TRX-2: TRX-2 Programming Issue: Add/Delete Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb8akz

Premium Subscriber
Trying to solve an issue with adding or deleting trunking sites and not finding much in the Users Guide on the subject. The scanner and EZ Scan show that I have 10 sites saved. As I learn about antenna sites that can be heard at my location, I've tried several times to delete and add sites directly through the scanner keypad menu and EZ Scan to no avail. It seems to initially allow me to imput new site info, including the new site frequencies, but never saves (or deletes) them on the card.

So, I'm wondering if there is another menu function that's protecting the site data field? Is there a limit to the number of sites that can be stored?

Thanks for anyone's input!

troymail

Silent Key
Trying to solve an issue with adding or deleting trunking sites and not finding much in the Users Guide on the subject. The scanner and EZ Scan show that I have 10 sites saved. As I learn about antenna sites that can be heard at my location, I've tried several times to delete and add sites directly through the scanner keypad menu and EZ Scan to no avail. It seems to initially allow me to imput new site info, including the new site frequencies, but never saves (or deletes) them on the card.

So, I'm wondering if there is another menu function that's protecting the site data field? Is there a limit to the number of sites that can be stored?

Thanks for anyone's input!

I'm sure I've added sites and frequencies using both EZ Scan (then copy to the radio/SD card) and through the radio programming interface as well. The only things that come to mind to consider are (a) make sure you "save your changes" when exiting programming mode on the radio (there are several "layers" of save required) or (b) make sure the site is being added to the right system.

I am not aware of anything "protecting" site data.

kb8akz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks troymail! Yeah, I've hit every save function on the way back through the programming layers and I checked the other trunking system. No joy! Just curious, how many trunking sites do you have stored on your TRX-2?

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks troymail! Yeah, I've hit every save function on the way back through the programming layers and I checked the other trunking system. No joy! Just curious, how many trunking sites do you have stored on your TRX-2?

Most have only a few but my state system has 29. Not sure if I've played with that one.

Are you running the latest firmware?

kb8akz

Premium Subscriber
After contacting Whistler CS yesterday morning, and having a great conversation with Wayne, I was able to add and delete sites through the EZ scan software. Although I can't say for sure why it works now I'm thinking that I had to zero out all of the frequencies for that site in addition to just deleting the site name and number on the table to the left of the page. Wayne also suggested to do what BUDDROUSA has done to set up two systems for covering different areas of his state. Will try that next!

So, firmware and libraries are up-to-date, and I'm now copying traffic on more useful trunking sites. All is good!

Thanks for everyone's help and I'm looking forward to being an active member of this group!

Status
Not open for further replies.