im a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

samscola

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have purchased a 1065 whistler digital scanner and I also signed up for the web service to program my scanner but I have no clue what to do after I paid for my subscription. Can someone help me please I'm really anxious to get it programmed.
Thanks,
Ginny

Swipesy

The best way to program that scanner is with 3rd party software. You can get a 30 day free trial use of one of these 3 software programs (I use both (1) and (2) - (1) PSREdit500 (2) WIN500, (3) Butel ARC. You can then download from the RadioReference database into the software programs and then load your 1065. As amickey1979 stated above it would help to know your location and what system(s) you want to program.

TES

Hello,

I have purchased a 1065 whistler digital scanner and I also signed up for the web service to program my scanner but I have no clue what to do after I paid for my subscription. Can someone help me please I'm really anxious to get it programmed.
Thanks,
Ginny

You'll need software in addition to your RadioReference premium subscription. I prefer Win500, written by the same Don Starr that wrote the firmware for your Whistler WS1065 scanner.

samscola

Premium Subscriber

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the win500 software. I am from the buffalo, by area
And I have purchased the whistler 1065.

Swipesy

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the win500 software. I am from the buffalo, by area
And I have purchased the whistler 1065.

I have a brother in law in Buffalo area. Take a look at all three softwares before you make a decision, Since you can try all 3 for free for 30 days I recommend you look at them. Some people are opinionated on here towards one or the other of the 3 softwares. It is best you make your own decision. The user interface is different on all 3 and one may appel to you more than the others.

Don't get frustrated on the learning curve. There are many good people on these forums who will help you through the learning process.

Status
Not open for further replies.