New ws1088

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicm

Hi,

new to this scanner, lots of interesting info on the forum, very useful.

One feature that seems to be missing from this scanner, is the ability for it to do a scan and store the frequencies it stops at, you seem to have to be listening to it and then store each one.

I do not seem to be able to see the colour code slot and TG stored, just the frequency.

Is there a way to do these, or do you just have to let the radio auto decode it each time on the frequency?

Must say it is a little daunting at first to understand all the features, being in the UK, some features are useless to us, maybe there is a way to modify some for our own use.

Still lots to learn.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Vic

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have a 1088 as well, and it sounds great on DMR.... however it's very lacking in features compared to the Unidens. Considering the DMR firmware has been out almost 3 months now there hasn't been much in the way of upgrades (things that should be essential, like SYSID and Site # for Connect Plus systems). And as you mentioned Search & Store would be very very helpful.

I'm looking at purchasing another scanner shortly and was heavily considering the TRX-2 but I'm starting to sway to the Uniden side after seeing the ritzier feature set over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.