TRX-1: Muti site system settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to get a handle on muti site system settings on my new TRX 1

namey how can i get it to scan all the sites instead of it locking onto the strongest site

any ideas?

Nasby

Create duplicate sites for your area with the T/G's you want.

Then lockout all but one site on each of the duplicates you created.

Give each site its own Scanlist name.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
David mine here in West Tn in scan mode will lock on UT Martin then Hornbeak then Millsfield then Gleason then Trenton. I am in Union City so you can look at the map and see I am using an outside antenna.

Quick site enable/disable

I have also been learning and working with the multi-site per system capability and really wish that there was a quick keyboard way to lock out or enable sites, much like how one can easily toggle scanlists on and off whiie scanning. Otherwise it's a menu dive to manually enable/disable sites.

For example, while scanning, maybe Fn 1.2 to toggle sites 1 and 2 on/off

I'm very familiar with the Bearcat/Uniden multi-site operation.

The workaround is, as mentioned: enter systems mulitple times.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
David mine here in West Tn in scan mode will lock on UT Martin then Hornbeak then Millsfield then Gleason then Trenton. I am in Union City so you can look at the map and see I am using an outside antenna.

it does the same here TN tower then anitch then gladeville then whitehouse

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
it does the same here TN tower then anitch then gladeville then whitehouse

I have a GRE PSR-500 and an RS PRO-197. If the Whistler scanners handle multisite the same way as my scanners, then:

a. in the TSYS object, set MULTISITE: to STAT
b. then set Check ALL CC based upon your preference

If you have the option to Check ALL CC, what this does [when enabled] is poll every control channel during each time it scans that trunked system. If you DISable Check ALL CC, then it'll during every complete scan cycle it will poll a single CC for the most part.

To use my setup as an example, I have Multisite set to STAT because I don't want it to lock onto a site based upon signal strength. I want it to attempt to find a signal on all CCs. I monitor from home. And I have "Check ALL CC" disabled, so it doesn't spend a ridiculous amount of time during every scan interation polling every CC on that particular system. I have another system programmed in and some conventional channels. I wanted to avoid missing conventional calls and calls on the other system.

If you only had one system programmed in and nothing, or were only scanning one system actively and nothing else, then enabling Check All CC would make sense [to me]. But if you are scanning multiple systems / conventional lists you want to make sure those are given a fair chance to be heard so you wouldn't have Check All CC set on the multisite system.

If I have five CCs in a multisite STAT system with Check All CC disabled, in the first scan iteration it stops on the first CC and checks for activity -- waits a second and moves on to other items to scan. Then when it comes back to that system, it checks the next CC for that system, waits a second or so to see if there is activity, and then continues scanning.

Sorry I didn't iterate that too well. And what I've said might not even apply, depending upon how the TRX scanners are set up to handle multisite. I'm just assuming they have a "STAT" option.

Even when I'm mobile I run Multisite STAT.

Mike

Nasby

I have a GRE PSR-500 and an RS PRO-197. If the Whistler scanners handle multisite the same way as my scanners, then:

a. in the TSYS object, set MULTISITE: to STAT
b. then set Check ALL CC based upon your preference

If you have the option to Check ALL CC, what this does [when enabled] is poll every control channel during each time it scans that trunked system. If you DISable Check ALL CC, then it'll during every complete scan cycle it will poll a single CC for the most part.

To use my setup as an example, I have Multisite set to STAT because I don't want it to lock onto a site based upon signal strength. I want it to attempt to find a signal on all CCs. I monitor from home. And I have "Check ALL CC" disabled, so it doesn't spend a ridiculous amount of time during every scan interation polling every CC on that particular system. I have another system programmed in and some conventional channels. I wanted to avoid missing conventional calls and calls on the other system.

If you only had one system programmed in and nothing, or were only scanning one system actively and nothing else, then enabling Check All CC would make sense [to me]. But if you are scanning multiple systems / conventional lists you want to make sure those are given a fair chance to be heard so you wouldn't have Check All CC set on the multisite system.

If I have five CCs in a multisite STAT system with Check All CC disabled, in the first scan iteration it stops on the first CC and checks for activity -- waits a second and moves on to other items to scan. Then when it comes back to that system, it checks the next CC for that system, waits a second or so to see if there is activity, and then continues scanning.

Sorry I didn't iterate that too well. And what I've said might not even apply, depending upon how the TRX scanners are set up to handle multisite. I'm just assuming they have a "STAT" option.

Even when I'm mobile I run Multisite STAT.

Mike

Unfortunately they don't have the STAT, check all C/Cs option.

It's roaming only with hi-lo threshold settings.

That's why we have to set up multiple duplicate sites with the SD Whistler scanners.

bg_nashville

My TRX-1 is being delivered today, so I'm glad this question was asked.

If I am understanding the replies correctly, it appears that the 436 does a better job of handling the large statewide systems. Is that a fair assessment?

My initial plan, to keep the TRX programming simple, is to use the 436 to monitor the statewide system and TRX for everything else.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My TRX-1/2 work the Large TACN system. The advantage is DMR CAP+ where you do not have to have the LNC's. Plus it is easy to roam up and down the list when you can see it where I have to remember my x36 list. But my x36's work with PROSCAN for recording and logging traffic and remote control of my scanners.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Unfortunately they don't have the STAT, check all C/Cs option.

It's roaming only with hi-lo threshold settings.

That's why we have to set up multiple duplicate sites with the SD Whistler scanners.

Thanks for the comment. That is very useful information to me. I'm not knocking the scanners -- haven't touched one yet. But lack of STAT would be a dealbreaker to me as I really enjoy just using one scanlist and one TSYS object with all of the county / neighboring county MARCS-IP CCs. When I do take my scanner mobile, I scan only the IP scanlist, and it is good at catching everything I want to hear when mobile.

Mike

HOLEBILLY

Im with you Mike on the STAT setting. I wonder what the reason for removing that setting was. I wonder if you put different sites into other scan sets if it would lock onto them or if it would still just lock onto the strongest site?

ScannerSK

Thanks for the comment. That is very useful information to me. I'm not knocking the scanners -- haven't touched one yet. But lack of STAT would be a dealbreaker to me as I really enjoy just using one scanlist and one TSYS object with all of the county / neighboring county MARCS-IP CCs. When I do take my scanner mobile, I scan only the IP scanlist, and it is good at catching everything I want to hear when mobile.

Mike

I second the above! In the PSR-500/600, PRO-106/197, PRO-651/652 and WS1040/1065 scanners STAT can be set to either Yes or No to check all CCs. When set to yes it checks every control channel each scan for that system. When set to no it checks a different control channel each scan cycle for that system. The "no" option is very helpful when numerous control channels have to be monitored due to traffic being shifted among various towers from day to day.

I forwarded a suggestion to whistler to add the STAT option to the TRX series scanners.

scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.