Anyone else getting any help at all from customer support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
I have what I believe to be a faulty TRX-1 that after 10 days of calling and emailing Customer Support, I still have not received any help with.

N8IAA

I have what I believe to be a faulty TRX-1 that after 10 days of calling and emailing Customer Support, I still have not received any help with.

Where did you buy the scanner? That's who you should be contacting about a replacement, if indeed it is not working.
Larry

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Purchased from Ham Radio Outlet in Atlanta about 6 weeks ago. Contacted HRO about it and was told, that since it had been more than 30 days, all they could do would be to send it off for repair or replacement. They said they could not just swap it out and send the defective unit back. I can mail it back to Whistler myself, then wait weeks or months for any reply from them. I can not even get Whistler Support to call me back. I have spoke with three or four Reps at Whistler about my problem, and all they will tell me is that they will have an Engineer to call me and try to help. I have also sent email to Whistler about four times, and can't even get a reply back. I just want a working radio.

Ed6698

Would help if you explained what you are having a issue with, as there are others in here that possibly can help you.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Support help

This is a common problem, especially with Windows 10. You need to be more specific with your problem details. Also, try put the SD card in an USB adapter and see if that works.

Ed6698

I believe some of the people having the usb connection problem are using a usb hub and not mentioning it in their posts. I have not used a usb hub anytime recently, but in the past I have and I remember having issues with other devices years ago.

Blackswan73

It has been my experience that very few of these scanners are actually defective. 80% of the "defective" scanners are really user error

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, the problem I have is while doing a "limit search" or "service search" or any type of search, When I come across a DMR frequency, it will stop and show slot number and color code, the way it should. When I store that frequency, either from a search or programmed by ezscan or manual entry, when I scan the scanlist it is in it never stops on the frequency. I have been trying this for about 2 weeks and have updated the CPU firmware and the DSP firmware from day one. I can browse to the frequency or channel, pause on it, and it will never break squelch, even while another radio is clearly monitoring it.I have programmed it as a single Conv DMR channel, which it is, and even tried the one frequency System option and no difference. This happens on at least 6 different frequencies that I know are DMR. Does not matter if I program them with slot and color code, or just wildcard, no difference. Thanks Guys, about to pull the rest of my hair out.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
I agree. I am also amazed by the number of people who refuse to open the user manual.

I have read the manual and still have no ideal why it will not work. I would think that the two tech support guys that I have managed to talk to and they walked me through the programming process step by step would know what they are talking about, But this even had them stumped. They agree that it is not working right, but want an Engineer to talk to me before deciding what they should do about replacing the unit. I think that they should replace it, and let the Engineers play with it on their time, instead of wasting mine. This has been back and forth with them now for about 10 days.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have not and do not use that function. What it sounds like may be a firmware problem and changing scanners would not fix that problem. It would take a firmware fix if that is the real problem.

SCPD

QRT
It has been my experience that very few of these scanners are actually defective. 80% of the "defective" scanners are really user error

I would venture this is like 95% .. and if they involve someone that is used to a Uniden that it is pretty much going to hit 100%.

It is very funny that there are many here that have no issues .. ever, but get one of those wieners and it is one locked thread after another with their drivel.

I often wonder why they buy these scanners as all they do is complain that it is not a Uniden. :wink:

Edit .. to answer the OP's question, I have never called for support.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Whistler tech support was very helpful, I immediately got a email response with the name and phone number of the engineer that could help me. :)

Paul

joeyjimmie

I am having the same problem trying to get help
I have a CODE 1-01 ERROR.
phone support talk to a guy who tried to fix it bu could not.
He said an engineer would call me .
Still waiting.
I was programming systems into the scanner when the error code came up

SCPD

QRT
I am having the same problem trying to get help
I have a CODE 1-01 ERROR.
phone support talk to a guy who tried to fix it bu could not.
He said an engineer would call me .
Still waiting.
I was programming systems into the scanner when the error code came up

1-01 Error is "Unable to Allocate from Heap"

Status
Not open for further replies.