EZScan -TRX1

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8WCL

Hi Everybody,

I'm running the EZScan TRX1 Software under Windows 10. When I plug the TRX1 into the USB port it sometimes sees the SD card as a valid device and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't recognize the SD card I disconnect the USB cable from the radio and plug it back in the PC till it does. Probably not an EZScan problem but a device driver problem for the TRX1. I'm just surprised that eventually it recognizes the device or SD card. I don't have this issue with my WS1098. Please let me know if this is a known problem and if there is a fix.

Thanks,

Bill (W8WCL)

W8WCL

The TRX1 is using the driver that comes with Windows 10 and not the one on the Whistler web site. Don't know how to force it to use that driver.

troymail

Silent Key
I have a couple of different radios that each act slightly differently when I plug them in via the USB. Sometimes, the SD card is seen very quickly and other times it takes quite alot longer to detect and display the SD contents.

I haven't done investigation to determine what causes this but a couple of things that come to mind:

- size of the SD card
- speed/type of the SD card
- stability of the SD card (i.e. potentially needing reformatting)
- amount of data currently on the SD card

Many factors --

Bottom line - assuming thee drivers are installed and the card has been able to be detected/read at least once, make sure you're allowing enough time... and make sure before you unplug that you are properly releasing the SD card from Windows first.

Status
Not open for further replies.