LWIN Site info on TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys. I mostly monitor the Louisiana Wireless Information Network. I have my TRX-2 set to display site info as I travel a lot and would like to see what site I'm monitoring. What I'm seeing is the sites being reported don't seem to make sense, For example, When in Shreveport I will see sites of St. James, Jefferson, or some other sites hundreds of miles away, Any thoughts?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
The radio is probably locking on to sites with the same frequencies as the sites closer to you.

At least that's the reason for me in my area. When sites are far enough apart. They can reuse the same frequencies without interfering with each other.

troymail

Silent Key
The radio is probably locking on to sites with the same frequencies as the sites closer to you.

At least that's the reason for me in my area. When sites are far enough apart. They can reuse the same frequencies without interfering with each other.

Yes - I see this alot in North Carolina and in some other places.... It's likely one of the reasons you now see frequencies/sites of systems with smaller footprints - allows for frequency reuse even within the same state.

jimg

Premium Subscriber

Yes, it's the same on the TACN here in Tennessee. They use the same frequencies at different sites in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.