Trunked sites disappearing from scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djm448

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I am trying to see if anyone else has had issues with a trunked site/system mysteriously disappearing from their scanner. I have programmed two Whistler 1040 scanners, and both scanners would successfully receive audio from the MOSWIN trunked radio system (Missouri), and for some reason days sometimes weeks later, the entire programming is gone. VHF remains with no problems. Scanner gets re-flashed with the code plug and MOSWIN works fine. Has happened twice with two different scanners.

Anyone else experience this?

ScannerSK

It could be bad/weak memory in the scanner. I have a PSR-600 which has done this several times. The PSR-600 is the mobile version of the WS1040 made by GRE. I typically, just reload the memory from the V-Scanner and all is well. I make sure to backup the memory in a V-Scanner anytime I make a change to that scanner.

Shawn

djm448

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. You wouldn't think using a trial version of programming software would have anything to do with it, would you?

mikey60

If you're using PSREdit500 in trial mode I can definitively say no, trial software would not cause this. I believe the same to be true of both WIN500 and ARC500. I know of nothing that can be placed in the programming that would do what you are describing.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.