RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Whistler Scanners

Whistler Scanners - For discussion of Whistler branded scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudary View Post
Unable to update PSR800/WS1080 from v4.5 to v4.6. I tried with Whistler's CPUUpdater_WS1080_U4.6.exe. Error - Please reboot on WS1080 screen. With Ez Scan could not read scanner. It updated from none (version) to v4.5 and operating fine.
Mudary
It worked perfectly on my WS1088.

I updated EZ-Scan to 2.19 and then used that to update the scanner.
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2017, 1:19 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I love the fact that Whistler updates and addresses identified issues, but it would be nice if the Australian bandplan would come back. We Aussies miss our bandplan
Old 03-18-2017, 4:57 AM

3 handhelds (1088, TRX-1) updated without issue... will get to the rest of my units later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG61UK View Post
They still seen to be handled weirdly.

For example while scanning [Fn] [7] acts just like you pressed 7 and toggles scanlist 7 on/off !!
I would expect to hear an error beep and no effect.
This seems to be working as expected here - Fn +7 or Fn + 8 beeps in the scenarios I've tried....
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Old 03-18-2017, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymail View Post
3 handhelds (1088, TRX-1) updated without issue... will get to the rest of my units later today.

This seems to be working as expected here - Fn +7 or Fn + 8 beeps in the scenarios I've tried....
Sorry my mistake. It's only [Fn] [9] that still toggles scanlist 9.
Old 03-18-2017, 1:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

A few things I noticed about the updates

The issue in Ez-Scan where selecting a trunk system dwell time would cause a scroll to the bottom of the trunked systems has been fixed.

The P25 phase II system I was having issues receiving any voice is now noticeably better. I can make out the traffic and hear voice.

I did notice now on a conventional or trunked NXDN or DMR and Trunked LTR that the S indicator will disappear after the person talking stops (un-keys the mic) during the delay time. If the mic is keyed and voice occurs the S comes back. It does not seem to do this on the P25 phase II system. I do not know about conventional as the one I have programmed is not very busy. It does seem to be waiting the proper delay time now. For some systems the S systems to stay away until voice others it seems to flash a bit. These are all systems with strong signal.
Old 03-18-2017, 1:17 PM

After the update I'm still seeing a relatively minor problem with conventional DMR. If I'm listening to one slot and there is activity on the other slot it disrupts the display so that all I can see is the Alpha Tag and a rapidly changing (pretty much unreadable) Radio ID.
Old 03-18-2017, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry my mistake. It's only [Fn] [9] that still toggles scanlist 9.
Yup - you're right.... minor issue that will lkely get fixed in the next version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machria View Post
Fn + 9 brings up the Alpha Text search. Works fine for me... ??
It does but only on the TRX.... I believe the Fn + 9 (text search) doesn't exist on the older models...
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Old 03-18-2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
After the update I'm still seeing a relatively minor problem with conventional DMR. If I'm listening to one slot and there is activity on the other slot it disrupts the display so that all I can see is the Alpha Tag and a rapidly changing (pretty much unreadable) Radio ID.
Correction: After the update I'm still seeing a relatively minor problem with conventional DMR. If I'm listening to one slot and there is activity on the other slot it disrupts the display so that all I can see is the TGID and a rapidly changing (pretty much unreadable) Radio ID.
Old 03-18-2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machria View Post
Oh, gotcha. Thought he was referring to the trx. Carry on!
I should have said, sorry. I have a WS1088.
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2017, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air490 View Post
I love the fact that Whistler updates and addresses identified issues, but it would be nice if the Australian bandplan would come back. We Aussies miss our bandplan
Agree! Not sure why it was waved under our noses on one update only to be removed in a later one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

UBCD996T UBCD396T UBCD396XT XTS5000 FRG7700
Old 03-18-2017, 4:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was able to update the software, the cpu, the library BUT the DSP could not find the scanner. Same thing every time. I don't think i ever got the DSP to update....
Old 03-18-2017, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkelso View Post
I was able to update the software, the cpu, the library BUT the DSP could not find the scanner. Same thing every time. I don't think i ever got the DSP to update....
Was there a DSP update for the TRXs? There wasn't one for my WS1088.

Last edited by BrianG61UK; 03-18-2017 at 4:46 PM.. Reason: Fix typo
Old 03-18-2017, 6:20 PM

Quote:
It worked perfectly on my WS1088.

I updated EZ-Scan to 2.19 and then used that to update the scanner.
Thanks to Wendy and the Whistler team.

Hi, EZ-Scan 2..19 is saying can not read the scanner. GREFwTool just sits there with v4.6, but with v4.5 will get a "CPU Update Wait" and then update the CPU.
Old 03-18-2017, 6:47 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudary View Post
Thanks to Wendy and the Whistler team.

Hi, EZ-Scan 2..19 is saying can not read the scanner. GREFwTool just sits there with v4.6, but with v4.5 will get a "CPU Update Wait" and then update the CPU.
Hello,

Wrong support thread.
http://forums.radioreference.com/gre...r-800-a-5.html

V4.5 is the latest that the tool can use.

73 Eric
Old 03-19-2017, 7:53 PM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Just did the update on my 1088 and it went flawlessly. So nice to have Tune mode! I use that all the time on my Pro-106. Thanks Whistler!!
Old 03-20-2017, 2:38 PM

No issues .. update went just fine. Thanks Wendy and the rest of the Whistler gang.
Old 03-20-2017, 5:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

All my upgrades have gone like clockwork since I bought my TRX-1 Jan 3rd 2017.
I'm very pleased with my Whistler TRX-1 and Whistlers great support.
And of course we couldn't do without Whistler Wendy either.
Many thanks to all the Whistler group.

Pro106, PSR-500, TRX-1
Old 03-21-2017, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Correction: After the update I'm still seeing a relatively minor problem with conventional DMR. If I'm listening to one slot and there is activity on the other slot it disrupts the display so that all I can see is the TGID and a rapidly changing (pretty much unreadable) Radio ID.
It's the same with trunked DMR systems and I have reported that to Whistler in october. Also if a user on one timeslot releases his PTT my TRX-2 instantly monitors the other timeslot and when he releases his PTT it switches back to the first time slot without considering any kind of delay settings. Impossible to follow a conversation and not a minor problem for me.

When a mobile-mobile private DMR conversation take place it often displays the id as hex but when listening to the recording they are in decimal as it should. Also reported in october.

/Ubbe
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbe View Post
It's the same with trunked DMR systems and I have reported that to Whistler in october. Also if a user on one timeslot releases his PTT my TRX-2 instantly monitors the other timeslot and when he releases his PTT it switches back to the first time slot without considering any kind of delay settings. Impossible to follow a conversation and not a minor problem for me.
I program the frequencies where there is often activity on both slots as two separate conventional frequencies, one for each slot. But yes, it would be nice not to have to do that.

Quote:
When a mobile-mobile private DMR conversation take place it often displays the id as hex but when listening to the recording they are in decimal as it should. Also reported in october.

/Ubbe
I haven't noticed that one yet.
Old 03-22-2017, 5:23 PM

Quote:

/Ubbe
I assume this is not a wildcard TG situation. When scanning and the radio instantly switches to the other timeslot, is it the same talkgroup ID as the first or some other talkgroup? Also when holding on a specific TG ID, will it do the same thing and switch to the other timeslot with a different TG ID? That would be bad, you would expect the TG ID filter specified to prevent hearing the other conversation in any case.

For my TRX-1 I have noticed during conventional scanning with 'ANY' TG/slot/color settings, this behavior happens and might well be expected, but when playing back the recording that is captured, only the TG/slot/color of the initial transmission that broke the squelch is identified in the recording even though you hear all other DMR transmissions that occur through the delay setting in the remainder of the recording (it doesn't generate new recording log entries for different TG/slot/color transmissions while the delay is still active).

Jim