Scanner update 3/17/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
There is a just released update for the TRX1/2, 1080/88 and 1095/98.
The updates are on the server and will be on our website shortly.

***************PLEASE UPDATE THE PC APP FIRST****************

EZ SCAN RELEASE NOTES

WS-108x/WS109x:
Version 2.19 - March 17, 2017
•Corrected issue when adding an analog conventional channel from the scanlist tab where the settings for NXDN would be displayed when attempting to set the CTCSS/DCS/NAC values.
•Added filters to disable importing of frequencies that are outside of the scanner's frequency range.
•Corrected an issue with creating a new system during the import from the library process where encrypted channels were not being imported when the option to do so was enabled. This required changing how the app handled these settings internally which means that anytime the import options are changed and the OK button is selected on that screen, the selected options will be saved and used until changed.
•Updated all supported bandplans.
•Changed how the app handles entry of frequencies. Previously the app would verify a frequency to make sure it fit the scanner's bandplan and step size within that range. The app now will verify that the frequency is in the scanner's frequency range and then round off the entered frequency to the nearest frequency that matches the bandplan if necessary.
•Added the ability to sort the system listing on the Trunked Systems tab. This feature will sort the list by clicking on the column header. This action only changes the order that systems are displayed, it will not actually change the order of systems on disk.
•Updated informational message when checking for all updates.
•Corrected tab order and tab stops in the library import areas.
•Moved the Import and Clear buttons to the middle of the screens in the library import area.

TRX-1/TRX-2:
Version 3.4 - March 17, 2017
• Corrected issue when adding an analog conventional channel from the scanlist tab where the settings for NXDN would be displayed when attempting to set the CTCSS/DCS/NAC values.
• Added filters to disable importing of frequencies that are outside of the scanner's frequency range.
• Fixed an issue where the frequency rounding process in the UHF range was incorrectly rounding the entered frequency down 3.125KHz below the desired frequency.

CPU RELEASE NOTES

WS1080/88 v4.6:
* Changes to CAN and UK bandplans
* Bug fix in "update from library" when CONV objects have been deleted
* Add digital mode filtering to Limit Search (and Tune)
* Distinct tones when enabling/disabling scan lists in menus
* Zeromatic enhancements
* Add 'tune mode' to top Search menu
* Code size reductions

WS1088 only:
* Fixed problem with audio when entering Playback mode via Fn+6
* Fix garbage characters when key locked/unlocked message clears
* Add 'tune mode' via Fn+0
* Handling for unused Fn+[digit] combinations

WS1095/98 v3.7:
* Changes to CAN and UK bandplans
* Bug fix in "update from library" when CONV objects have been deleted
* Add digital mode filtering to Limit Search (and Tune)
* Distinct tones when enabling/disabling scan lists in menus
* Zeromatic enhancements
* Code size reductions

WS1098 only:
* Fixed problem with audio when entering Playback mode via Fn+6
* Add 'tune mode' via Fn+0

TRX-1 v5.3:
* Fixed problem with talkgroup and radio IDs in NXDN playback
* Handling for NXDN PROP_FORM SACCH messages
* Code size reductions

TRX-2 v4.4:
* Fixed problem with talkgroup and radio IDs in NXDN playback
* Handling for NXDN PROP_FORM SACCH messages
* Code size reductions

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
I hope this works cause all I get is one or two words of of the nxdn frequency or none at all, and I hope my signal sweeper will work now cause it has never worked since I have had this scanner I think it might be defected.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the bullets on update the PC application first. Last time my firmware update hosed up the scanner and had to use the firmware update utility to fix it.

Everything went smooth today.

wbswetnam

Thanks for the bullets on update the PC application first. Last time my firmware update hosed up the scanner and had to use the firmware update utility to fix it.

Everything went smooth today.

Excellent. To make certain that the software updates first, I don't even connect the scanner until after the software update is complete.

Joseph11

Any chance of getting a tune menu option for WS1080 and WS1095 users? Or people using a WS1095 head on a TRX-2? Thanks.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Any chance of getting a tune menu option for WS1080 and WS1095 users? Or people using a WS1095 head on a TRX-2? Thanks.

It's there:

WS1080/88 v4.6:

WS1095/98 v3.7:

TRX-2 v4.4:

Joseph11

Wow, I can't believe I missed that after reading through the original post. Thank you! And thank you to Whistler and Wendy! It's not really usable without a keypad, though. There's no way (as far as I can tell) to select the position of the number you want to change. You can just go up or down.

BrianG61UK

CPU RELEASE NOTES
<snip>

WS1088 only:

They still seen to be handled weirdly.

For example while scanning [Fn] [7] acts just like you pressed 7 and toggles scanlist 7 on/off !!
I would expect to hear an error beep and no effect.

dhardin

Same thing happened to me jmcdevittcaptain.

With scanner off and or no batteries in it. plug in you USB, you should hear an audible bing. Look in your (Start button- then computer there should be a list of a drive, (but not listed as Whistler make and model) just a G or H drive. It did not make any difference if I held menu down or not. It would not recognize anything as you said.

For some reason, I had lost my com port setting for my cable from the computer to scanner.

I had to go into my device manager on my computer and look at your com port list. your whistler scanner should be there and it will tell you the correct comport setting it is using. Mine was com port 13. Now with this com port knowledge, I forget exactly where. But the USB cable setting needed this correct com port setting number. I believe this error was seen in the device manager as a yellow check in your list of hardware. click there and it asked me for a correct com-port from a drop-down box, click your correct comport # and close out . (sorry now that I have mine set correctly I can not replicate this error fix better).

Once I made this correction my whistler scanner make and model # came up in my driver profile like it use to. The scanner started to respond and was able to move forward. Then I was able to reload from Whitler the new update 2.19.0.59exe file. Follow these steps and whla. your back in busines.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mudary

Unable to update PSR800/WS1080 from v4.5 to v4.6. I tried with Whistler's CPUUpdater_WS1080_U4.6.exe. Error - Please reboot on WS1080 screen. With Ez Scan could not read scanner. It updated from none (version) to v4.5 and operating fine.
Mudary

Status
Not open for further replies.