TRX-1: $500 paper weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorppro

Premium Subscriber
I received my new TRX-1 yesterday. Updated EZ Scan software, updated CPU, and Database. Programed scanner to my County. I am getting all agencies except... Local Sherrif and Police. They are DMR. On the database they show analog and digital as the same frequencies. I can hear the digital code on the analog station, but no voice. To my knowledge, they do not use an encrypted signal.
I also see the Police have a new channel on the database but it is only FMN. Do I need to program it as a DMR? How would I know the slots and colors?
I bought this scanner because I have tried SDR# and DSD+ with no luck. DSD+ shows slot1 and slot2 cache errors.
All responces are HIGHLY appreciated.
Thank you.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

It might be useful to ask about the agencies you wish to monitor in your state's forum. It might attract the attention of other scanner listeners to those agencies. What agencies are you not hearing?

It is possible the scanlists containing those agencies are not active. It is also possible that the database does not have the complete information for those agencies.

73 Eric

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I received my new TRX-1 yesterday. Updated EZ Scan software, updated CPU, and Database. Programed scanner to my County. I am getting all agencies except... Local Sherrif and Police. They are DMR. On the database they show analog and digital as the same frequencies. I can hear the digital code on the analog station, but no voice. To my knowledge, they do not use an encrypted signal.
I also see the Police have a new channel on the database but it is only FMN. Do I need to program it as a DMR? How would I know the slots and colors?
I bought this scanner because I have tried SDR# and DSD+ with no luck. DSD+ shows slot1 and slot2 cache errors.
All responces are HIGHLY appreciated.
Thank you.

ALL DMR is digital.

Put the DMR channels in the conventional list, make sure you set the Dmode as DIGITAL.

I put all my DMR in one scanlist.

acecducec

Feed Provider
Settings

ALL DMR is digital.

Put the DMR channels in the conventional list, make sure you set the Dmode as DIGITAL.

I put all my DMR in one scanlist.

I have the same setup can you please take a look at this pic and let me know where the settings need to be or are they good.

Attachments

• tx1.jpg
    tx1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 851

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Where is the dmode?

It's the fourth column from the right. You might try leaving the color code, slot and talk groups to any until you figure out what is actually being used or what you actually want to hear.

Make sure the scanlist is set, it is the last column to the right.

Last edited:

acecducec

Feed Provider
Yea i saw that they are all digital as the system here is p25 all digital.
Any settings on the advanced or general page that you change to get all traffic?
Sometimes i hear the dispatch reply to a request and its only half of the conversation. ie: not hearing a broadcast from a car.

Attachments

• tx1a.jpg
    tx1a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 807

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
No settings need to be changed there, although some settings may be adjusted and help with reception. Missing part of the conversation could be due to several reasons. You may be scanning and it causes you to miss it, it could be reception of where you are in relationship to the tower, or several other issues.

acecducec

Feed Provider
No settings need to be changed there, although some settings may be adjusted and help with reception. Missing part of the conversation could be due to several reasons. You may be scanning and it causes you to miss it, it could be reception of where you are in relationship to the tower, or several other issues.

although some settings may be adjusted and help with reception

which ones?

I so new to this stuff any help would be great

Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry never used them, just program in the freqs and it seems to work. Perhaps someone with more knowled than I might be able to help.

The bottom options you show on the advanced screen are for trunking systems and deal with Status Bits and encrypted talk group reception. My system is set to IGNORE, ALLOW, ALLOW.

acecducec

Feed Provider
changes

Sorry never used them, just program in the freqs and it seems to work. Perhaps someone with more knowled than I might be able to help.

The bottom options you show on the advanced screen are for trunking systems and deal with Status Bits and encrypted talk group reception. My system is set to IGNORE, ALLOW, ALLOW.

My system is set to IGNORE, ALLOW, ALLOW

Ok will change it and see if it is better

Can you check the settings on this page to see if they match up with yours

Thanks

Attachments

• gen.jpg
    gen.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
although some settings may be adjusted and help with reception

which ones?

I so new to this stuff any help would be great

Thanks

I noticed your scanlist numbers are all over the board. Do you have all the right scan lists turned on?
As for P25, how many sites are programmed in? If you have more than your local site(s), that could cause many lost transmissions while it's trying to scan the other sites.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
If you are trying to monitor a DMR frequency (they will be listed in RR or www.digitalfrequncysearch.com as DMR) you also need to set the MODE in the conventional list to DMR. Set the Dmode to digital.

It looks like you have that based on your screen shots.

Get the RS or Remtronix 800mhz antenna for improved reception. Try Using the ATT button if your signal strength is 5bars or more.

adjust the squelch. make it wide open (full counter clockwise) if you have to.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Once again I put all my DMR freqs in ONE scanlist. Looks like you have them in several, some of the same freqs in multiple scanlists.

acecducec

Feed Provider
That screen shot is from N1GAW i have a screen shot of mine on here as well

I dont need the conventional channels just the p25 and DMR should i delete all conventional channels because i want to just be completely on the digital system that is all i want to scan.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
That screen shot is from N1GAW i have a screen shot of mine on here as well

I dont need the conventional channels just the p25 and DMR should i delete all conventional channels because i want to just be completely on the digital system that is all i want to scan.

NO, I have DMR in both conventional and trunking (one DMR system in my area is trunked)

Status
Not open for further replies.