TRX-1: Design Flaw or Isolated Defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to determine if others have had problems with the swivel belt clip. Mine broke within two weeks of having the scanner, and I am trying to determine if it is a disign flaw or mine was a rare case of a defected one. It would be a total waste to pay $9.95 for a new one if it is flawed due to design. Thanks in advance for input.
I posted a similar thread, with different wording, and got 152 views, but only 1 reply. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ed

I doubt it is a design flaw considering this is the same belt clip that has been used since the WS1080.

Ed, Thank you so much for your insight. I had no idea. I have been a bit distanced from the hobby for about 4 or 5 years, and before now, had not upgraded scanners since the BCD396XT first came out. You have helped me to move forward in deciding to purchase a new beltclip, or pursuing the company to get them to replace the defective one. Thanks again.

Ed6698

Ed, Thank you so much for your insight. I had no idea. I have been a bit distanced from the hobby for about 4 or 5 years, and before now, had not upgraded scanners since the BCD396XT first came out. You have helped me to move forward in deciding to purchase a new beltclip, or pursuing the company to get them to replace the defective one. Thanks again.

I would contact Whistler, if the radio is still in the warranty period they may just replace the belt clip for you.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I've never used the swivel belt clip as I found it to be a bit too bulky... so I ordered a non-swivel clip from the PSR-500 / PRO-106 line for my 1088.

I'll give you my unused swivel if Whistler won't replace it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.