RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Whistler Scanners

Whistler Scanners - For discussion of Whistler branded scanners.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2017, 3:52 PM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Whistler responded to my bug report and I've sent them a CCDUMP file with a few minutes of logging. I will update when I know more.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2017, 2:11 PM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Update... Whistler provided me with test firmware that appears to have resolved this issue. I am now able to receive and decode this VHF P2 system on the TRX-1. Hopefully they will release this update in future firmware releases for the other phase 2 scanners as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 6:07 AM
troymail's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD.
Posts: 6,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
Update... Whistler provided me with test firmware that appears to have resolved this issue. I am now able to receive and decode this VHF P2 system on the TRX-1. Hopefully they will release this update in future firmware releases for the other phase 2 scanners as well.
Excellent.
__________________
Unication G4
TRX-2,TRX-1,WS1098,1088x2,1095,1080, PSR800x2,500,PRO96
BCD536,436,396T,BC296D,245XLT,600XLT,IV,VX-8R,MD-390
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 8:54 AM
seth21w's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere monitoring the air.
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
Update... Whistler provided me with test firmware that appears to have resolved this issue. I am now able to receive and decode this VHF P2 system on the TRX-1. Hopefully they will release this update in future firmware releases for the other phase 2 scanners as well.
I would like to know what was changed and if this test firmware would work with an 800mhz system?
__________________
Uniden BCD436HP BCD536HP Whistler WS1098 Tytera MD390G RTL SDR
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 AM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth21w View Post
I would like to know what was changed and if this test firmware would work with an 800mhz system?


I don't know exactly what was changed, but I am still able to receive a P2 700/800 system nearby. I wasn't having issues with that system previously anyway.

I think the issue was specific to the VHF system I was trying to monitor. Perhaps the update will helps others too when it is released.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 9:45 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

I am having the exact same issue with my 1095 monitoring the Western PA ICORRS Lawrence County P25. I have been back and forth with a "John" @ whistler. He has only provided me with settings adjustment. I dumped my HP2 for this... Probably a mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:35 PM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLoch View Post
I am having the exact same issue with my 1095 monitoring the Western PA ICORRS Lawrence County P25. I have been back and forth with a "John" @ whistler. He has only provided me with settings adjustment. I dumped my HP2 for this... Probably a mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John is who I was dealing with also... obviously there was something in the log file I sent them that made the engineers see that there was an issue with the decoding of the particular system I was trying to monitor, not just something that could be fixed by changing the settings. Maybe your situation is different, not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:38 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
John is who I was dealing with also... obviously there was something in the log file I sent them that made the engineers see that there was an issue with the decoding of the particular system I was trying to monitor, not just something that could be fixed by changing the settings. Maybe your situation is different, not sure.


THANK YOU for the heads up... I guess we shall see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 3:27 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW PA
Posts: 21
Default

I have a 1098 and a TRX-2 and both have a problem with P25 PII systems. If I enter the system frequencies as conventional in a scanlist it will work but not as a trunked system. Uniden had a similar problem with the 436/536 and were nice enough to post a link a to test firmware on this site for all to try and it did work. It would be nice if Whistler would do the same.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:45 AM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

I just sent this to whistler...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:46 AM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Hello,
I've along with multiple users have noticed that VHF P25 P-2 is non-existent on the 1095,1098 and possibly TRX models. All of the mention models according to Whistler are capable. Is there a fix in the works? I had a support dialog with Paul and it has been about a week of no contact. A simple "we are looking into it, stay tuned for updates." Would have sufficed. We at large want to know if we all bought $500 dollar glorified conventional scanners? Thank you for your time. I anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

Brian Loch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:57 AM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

They indicated to me that the fix they were working with me on will make it into the next firmware update, although not sure if that is only for the TRX-1 or for all the phase 2 models.

I'm sure your snotty response about "$500 glorified conventional scanners" will make them push it right to the front of the line.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 12:39 PM
troymail's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD.
Posts: 6,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
I'm sure your snotty response about "$500 glorified conventional scanners" will make them push it right to the front of the line.
Yup - that kind of comment always helped me to prioritize where in my task list any given request would end up....

__________________
Unication G4
TRX-2,TRX-1,WS1098,1088x2,1095,1080, PSR800x2,500,PRO96
BCD536,436,396T,BC296D,245XLT,600XLT,IV,VX-8R,MD-390
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 1:02 PM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymail View Post
Yup - that kind of comment always helped me to prioritize where in my task list any given request would end up....

Exactly... I'm not saying everything they do is perfect, but I can say that when I submitted my bug report I was polite and just presented the facts. Within 1 week, engineering provided me with test firmware that resolved the issue, which I expressed my appreciation. I'm sure if I was snotty in my responses, the result would not have been the same.

Yeah, yeah, cue all the "we shouldn't be beta testers and submit bug reports for them" and all that crap. Such is life.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 1:05 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Thank you all for your compassionate concern. I truly am deeply touched. I love the familial atmosphere of this board. This is why I enjoy this little corner of the net. I love you guys. Hugs to you all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 1:08 PM
troymail's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD.
Posts: 6,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
Exactly... I'm not saying everything they do is perfect, but I can say that when I submitted my bug report I was polite and just presented the facts. Within 1 week, engineering provided me with test firmware that resolved the issue, which I expressed my appreciation. I'm sure if I was snotty in my responses, the result would not have been the same.

Yeah, yeah, cue all the "we shouldn't be beta testers and submit bug reports for them" and all that crap. Such is life.
Yup - There is no such thing as "perfect". You;d never get anything new released.

I keep watching (lurking?) what is happening on the other side of the fence with user reports of issues and version after version of firmware that may fix one thing and break other stuff. That action has been going on now for more than a month..

The good news is that you can submit reports of problems and if it is a real problem and you provide the information requested, chances are the problem will be fixed in a future firmware update. But you have to cooperate and have a bit of patience -- sometimes more than at other times.
__________________
Unication G4
TRX-2,TRX-1,WS1098,1088x2,1095,1080, PSR800x2,500,PRO96
BCD536,436,396T,BC296D,245XLT,600XLT,IV,VX-8R,MD-390
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 1:08 PM
scan18's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honoka'a, HI
Posts: 152
Default

Lol, well done... I'll pass on the hugs, but thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 1:18 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scan18 View Post
Exactly... I'm not saying everything they do is perfect, but I can say that when I submitted my bug report I was polite and just presented the facts. Within 1 week, engineering provided me with test firmware that resolved the issue, which I expressed my appreciation. I'm sure if I was snotty in my responses, the result would not have been the same.



Yeah, yeah, cue all the "we shouldn't be beta testers and submit bug reports for them" and all that crap. Such is life.


If you actually comprehended my post you would see I had a dialog started. At no point during my dialog with them was I not polite or as you put it "snotty". The communication line just stopped. No explaination and no reply to questioning about P II on VHF. This has doubled my frustration with this 1095. However, I digress...Keep throwing those stones. Thank you for your time in this matter and may God bless you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 3:13 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLoch View Post
Hello,
I've along with multiple users have noticed that VHF P25 P-2 is non-existent on the 1095,1098 and possibly TRX models. All of the mention models according to Whistler are capable. Is there a fix in the works? I had a support dialog with Paul and it has been about a week of no contact. A simple "we are looking into it, stay tuned for updates." Would have sufficed. We at large want to know if we all bought $500 dollar glorified conventional scanners? Thank you for your time. I anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

Brian Loch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Brian,

Thank you for your report. We are looking into any and all reported issues and will post updates as soon as they are available. Some of these systems require additional debugging and then need to be confirmed that the fix has corrected the issue before the new version can be made available.

In addition if there are several issues that need to be addressed, we will look to bundle them instead of releasing 3 or 4 versions several days apart.
Please be patient and I am sure the issue will be resolved shortly.

Regards,
Mike


No need for you all to thank me. You are all welcome.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 3:16 PM
BrianLoch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA-US
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLoch View Post
Brian,

Thank you for your report. We are looking into any and all reported issues and will post updates as soon as they are available. Some of these systems require additional debugging and then need to be confirmed that the fix has corrected the issue before the new version can be made available.

In addition if there are several issues that need to be addressed, we will look to bundle them instead of releasing 3 or 4 versions several days apart.
Please be patient and I am sure the issue will be resolved shortly.

Regards,
Mike


No need for you all to thank me. You are all welcome.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Mike,

I thank you for the heads up. I apologize for my frustration being a burden upon your shoulders.

With appreciation,

Brian Loch


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions