WS1088 battery low alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmike

Got my new 1088 3 weeks ago and it has never given me a battery low alert it just shuts down but no alert. According to the owners manual this a default feature. My current firmware is 4.6. Got this scanner from Universal Radio, called them and they checked two of their 1088s and said they also did not get a battery low alert. I have used rechargeable and alkaline still no alert. If anyone can advise will greatly appreciate.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
I can't advise but can say I experience this on my trx-1 as well. I haven't really tried to troubleshoot, but maybe it has something to do with the default voltage settings in ezscan.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
The WS1088 is the same as my WS1080 except for keypad. You should be able to push "MENU" and then look for Global Settings and scroll to find LOW BATTERY TIME. Select that and it lets you set a time. I chose 0 as I don't want it going off when Phase 2 transmissions BLAST on and your battery indicator shows you have zero juice left, then the warning alert goes off. Sometimes it shuts the scanner off as it thinks it has no batteries left. I have set mine to 0 so it doesn't notify me and bother me. When the scanner shuts off, I know I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
Got my new 1088 3 weeks ago and it has never given me a battery low alert it just shuts down but no alert. According to the owners manual this a default feature. My current firmware is 4.6. Got this scanner from Universal Radio, called them and they checked two of their 1088s and said they also did not get a battery low alert. I have used rechargeable and alkaline still no alert. If anyone can advise will greatly appreciate.
You have to have sounds enabled for this to work.If you're not hearing beeps when you hit the keyboard.You have to go to Global settings to enable sounds

scanmike

1088 low battery alert answer

Thanks you for the information, will go into Global settings as you suggested, again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.