RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Whistler Scanners

Whistler Scanners - For discussion of Whistler branded scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default WS1088 battery low alert

Got my new 1088 3 weeks ago and it has never given me a battery low alert it just shuts down but no alert. According to the owners manual this a default feature. My current firmware is 4.6. Got this scanner from Universal Radio, called them and they checked two of their 1088s and said they also did not get a battery low alert. I have used rechargeable and alkaline still no alert. If anyone can advise will greatly appreciate.
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2017, 5:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I can't advise but can say I experience this on my trx-1 as well. I haven't really tried to troubleshoot, but maybe it has something to do with the default voltage settings in ezscan.
Old 05-16-2017, 5:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default WS1088 battery low alert

The WS1088 is the same as my WS1080 except for keypad. You should be able to push "MENU" and then look for Global Settings and scroll to find LOW BATTERY TIME. Select that and it lets you set a time. I chose 0 as I don't want it going off when Phase 2 transmissions BLAST on and your battery indicator shows you have zero juice left, then the warning alert goes off. Sometimes it shuts the scanner off as it thinks it has no batteries left. I have set mine to 0 so it doesn't notify me and bother me. When the scanner shuts off, I know I'm out.

Last edited by Johnnydollar2; 05-16-2017 at 5:48 PM.. Reason: edits
Old 05-16-2017, 5:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanmike View Post
Got my new 1088 3 weeks ago and it has never given me a battery low alert it just shuts down but no alert. According to the owners manual this a default feature. My current firmware is 4.6. Got this scanner from Universal Radio, called them and they checked two of their 1088s and said they also did not get a battery low alert. I have used rechargeable and alkaline still no alert. If anyone can advise will greatly appreciate.
You have to have sounds enabled for this to work.If you're not hearing beeps when you hit the keyboard.You have to go to Global settings to enable sounds
Old 05-17-2017, 9:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default 1088 low battery alert answer

Thanks you for the information, will go into Global settings as you suggested, again thanks.
Sponsored links