Please, please, please can we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejnetguru

I know there are reasons that import/export are somewhat limited in EZ-Scan (and related) but can we please, please have drag-and-drop to rearrange scanlist order? This is 2017, such a simple (and long overdue) function would save what's left of my hair every time I need to rearrange scan lists.

I have a lot of lists and say I want to insert one higher in the order, I want to cry every time because of the all of the manual work to move the objects around instead of just a quick drag to re-order on the "general" page

This is important, particularly when used with scanners like the PSR-800 that don't have keypads so getting to the higher number lists is awkward. So being able to move things around easily to put more common lists higher up is important.

Come on Wendy, this should be a very easy change for your developers to make, and doesn't even involve changing h/w firmware.

grahampaull

I have had to resort to Screenshot > OCR > Excel(reorder etc) > Clipboard and back into EZ Scan... too much hassle but it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

som

Seconded! This is the only feature that EZ Scan is missing for me, and it seems to be such an easy thing to write into the software.

Joseph11

We really, really need this! My scan lists are a mess because I can't reorganize items.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Yes! This is something I've missed as well. I've slightly worked around it by adding scanlists to empty temp lists and shuffling things around, but it is cumbersome and not what effective design is all about.

Also, changing the order of channels in a scanlist. I like to put the most important channels of a "group" first so when the scanner hits that list it checks them first before the lesser/secondary freqs. Also, with some systems that have separate base and mobile freqs, it's nice to make sure the base is received first, then with a finely timed delay, it switches over to the mobile freq to get the response. On my uniden scanners I scan the base/mobile/base/mobile/base/mobile so I could follow the bulk of a conversation hands-free without pausing or focusing the scope to just that system (again, impossible on a Whistler to quickly just hold a scan on a scanlist.)

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I'd love to see this also! Will add it to my "Changes request list" I send to Whistler...

One thing though guys, you do realize it does not matter what order the freqs are in the scanlist as to what order they will be scanned in, right? The "optimization" when you startup scanning sorts all the freq's into an order that works the fastest for the processor.

AND, in EZscan you can just click on the column heading to sort with that column. I just used that to solve this exact problem.... ex; I was programming in marine VHF channels, and I name them the actual VHF channel # displayed on a marine VHF radio (i.e. Ch 16, Ch 22, Ch 55...), after I was done I realized I forgot to add in a few "expanded" channels (channels outside the normal marine range that are often added and used by charter captains). So when I added them, they are now not in the proper order since for example Ch 55a was added. BUT, if I simply click on the TAG column, they are all now in the correct "order" for my eyes....

I'm sure I'm not telling you guys anything you don't already know, but it may help some folks reading this....

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I just realized you want to change the order of the SCANLISTS, not the freq's in the scanlist! I was mistakenly talking about changing the order of the freq's...

As Rosanna used to say on SNL in the 70's, "Never mind"!! ;) Carry on....

Anyway, in this case they would not even need to make it "drag and drop", they could just allow you to change the Scanlist Number. So if you have stuff in Scanlist 5, and Scanlist 21 is empty, just allow us to edit Scanlist 5 and make it Scanlist 21, click save and now Scanlist 5 is empty, and Scanlist 21 has all the stuff in it. Great idea... I needed this yesterday. I have a Marine scanlist where I had all marine VHF channels 1 thru 88, and I also had a bunch of Coast Guard frequencies in it. I was separating the CG freq's into a separate scanlist. So now I have scanlist MARINE in scanlist #5, and CG in scanlist 21. I'd LOVE to be able to easily move 21 to #6 so the marine stuff is all next to each other....

Last edited:

KA9EES

I have to jump on this wagon as well. I should be able to dump what I have in one scan list to another. Delete from the new what I do need. So as to leave the first untouched. I've only had this scanner one day. It's nice to have software to do tasks, but this reminds me of some of the mainframe programs I had to use as a union officer. This shouldn't be this hard.

Ed KA9EES
Fithian IL

Gilligan

Database Admin
I want to add my input as well. Having previously had a PSR-800 and having this issue all the time, I am now about to purchase a Whistler TRX-2 and that is the biggest problem with the software. From a computer programming perspective, this should NOT be a difficult problem to solve. Whistler, Please fix this.

radio123

I like radio
Can we add to that request a means of searching for duplicate frequencies as well? I would like to know if I already found a particular frequency.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Is this software just screwed up or is it me? No matter what I try to arrange the channel order in a scan list the software just dumps all the channels into the scan list in a random order. WTF !

BrianG61UK

Is this software just screwed up or is it me? No matter what I try to arrange the channel order in a scan list the software just dumps all the channels into the scan list in a random order. WTF !
EZ-Scan should keep them in the order you entered or imported them. But it can sort them and display them in different orders to help you find your way around them, edit groups of them etc.
I don't think there is any guarantee they will be scanned in order either, but I find pairs I enter one after another do seem to be scanned one after another in the order I enter them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Machria

Premium Subscriber

As Brian mentioned below, you can sort and display channels in any order you wish by simply by clicking on the column headings in EZScan. But reality is, the order is really meaningless.

EZ-Scan should keep them in the order you entered or imported them. But it can sort them and display them in different orders to help you find your way around them, edit groups of them etc.
I don't think there is any guarantee they will be scanned in order either, but I find pairs I enter one after another do seem to be scanned one after another in the order I enter them.

Just curious, cause I was just thinking about this.... How do you know that? Have you had 2 channels in an order in EZscan and then scanned on scanner at a time you KNOW 100% sure they are both active, and see which is found first?

I've assumed they are scanned in frequency order. Meaning from low to high freq. I thought that what was going on when you hit scan button and it says "Preparing to scan".... but who knows?

APX7500X2

I agree with all of you...Looks like EZ-Scan is a few years behind in development..

Its too bad Butel does not make software for it.

SCPD

QRT
All that

I have had to resort to Screenshot > OCR > Excel(reorder etc) > Clipboard and back into EZ Scan... too much hassle but it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you are doing all that why not just enter the frequencies manually....or use EZ scan to import.

Status
Not open for further replies.