TRX-2 & USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played around with my TRX-2 using the USB cable and found out that it doesn't seem to work in a USB3 slot. Thought they would be backwards compatible, but I guess I am wrong? Also, I noticed once I started using the USB2 slot, it takes about 2-3 times longer to update the SD card than it did when I plugged the SD into the slot of my computer.

Anyone else with the USB3 issues?

Trooper Bruce Michaels
Somewhere west of the Mississippi

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I've heard the USB 3.0 causes a lot issues on a number of things so this doesn't surprise me. Some say it works on everything just fine but most seem to say it doesn't. From radio CPS to dongles to scanners, its a problem along with Win 10.

As to your SD card, get a card reader and use that. It takes forever to program them if you leave it in the radio. Its really fast in a card reader.

DJ11DLN

I've heard the USB 3.0 causes a lot issues on a number of things so this doesn't surprise me. Some say it works on everything just fine but most seem to say it doesn't. From radio CPS to dongles to scanners, its a problem along with Win 10.

As to your SD card, get a card reader and use that. It takes forever to program them if you leave it in the radio. Its really fast in a card reader.
+1 on the card reader, they are cheap at Walmart etc and will program the SD card in a few seconds. Don't get the very cheapest ones, I did that (DigiPower MCR4) and I will have to insert it 4-5 times before my laptop recognizes it. As far as USB 3.0, I didn't have any trouble getting my WS-1080 or my GRE800-type scanners to communicate via that port, once I got past the driver enforcement issue, but I know it is kind of a YMMV thing so if your scanner isn't getting along with 3.0 and you have a 2.0 port, just use that one.

I'm using the internal card reader on my HP Laptop and it's quite fast. I'm thinking about just having 2 SD cards for the TRX-2 - 1 that is in the scanner and the 2nd one that I'll drop the programming on and then just switch the 2 out. Seems like there should be some kind of fix for the slow programming via the cable.

Trooper Bruce Michaels
Somewhere West of the Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.