TRX-2: PC Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
When I read my TRX-2 with the Whistler software, I have been getting some sort of value error when it hits a certain system, in this case the system that is labeled as TS008. No matter what I've done (deleting, moving, etc.) I still get an error saying that the "Value must be between 1 and 234678" or something along those lines. In other words, any system that I put in that the program labels as "TS008" prompts the error message. When it does this, it stops reading and the whole program freezes up to the point that I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. When I restart the program, it'll reset all of the of the scanlist names to defaults.

Also, a certain DMR system I monitor has a talkgroup with the ID of 310. When I try to enter 310 into the software, it comes out as gibberish when I add it to the system. The only way I can add it is by entering it directly into the scanner.

Another thing: When I tried to update the firmware, I got an error 4-00 message on the scanner. The only way I've found to clear the error message and get the scanner to work is by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it again.

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Update:

Thanks to another thread, I figured out what the 4-00 error means. I'm still looking for answers on the other half of my post.

Ubbe

When you enter something in EZScan and it comes out as gibberish, that's also happened to me, just lock that out and enter it again and again until it is fine. It doesn't help to delete or move, it must stay and be locked out.

I would suggest reformatting the SD card using a PC, either a slot in a laptop or a USB card adapter. Or get another card. I had problems with the included 4GB card and bought a new 8GB and never had any 4.00 or 3.xx errors since then.

/Ubbe

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
When you enter something in EZScan and it comes out as gibberish, that's also happened to me, just lock that out and enter it again and again until it is fine. It doesn't help to delete or move, it must stay and be locked out.

I would suggest reformatting the SD card using a PC, either a slot in a laptop or a USB card adapter. Or get another card. I had problems with the included 4GB card and bought a new 8GB and never had any 4.00 or 3.xx errors since then.

/Ubbe

Thanks. The main reason I made this thread was about the value error issue. Essentially, I can write to the scanner, but can't read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
When I read my TRX-2 with the Whistler software, I have been getting some sort of value error when it hits a certain system, in this case the system that is labeled as TS008. No matter what I've done (deleting, moving, etc.) I still get an error saying that the "Value must be between 1 and 234678" or something along those lines. In other words, any system that I put in that the program labels as "TS008" prompts the error message. When it does this, it stops reading and the whole program freezes up to the point that I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. When I restart the program, it'll reset all of the of the scanlist names to defaults.

Also, a certain DMR system I monitor has a talkgroup with the ID of 310. When I try to enter 310 into the software, it comes out as gibberish when I add it to the system. The only way I can add it is by entering it directly into the scanner.

Another thing: When I tried to update the firmware, I got an error 4-00 message on the scanner. The only way I've found to clear the error message and get the scanner to work is by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it again.

Try formatting the SD Card with the EZ-Scan Program and check the Copy current configuration data to SD Card after format.

VzuCNnS.png

I noticed that it doesn't like to be updated without doing this at lease that is how mine acts.

NOTE: Yours may NOT be on the G Drive I have 4 Drives and 2 memory sticks in this Computer.

I have the same issue and I always have to do this it take a little more time but get the job done.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The Micro sd card whistler provides are junk, Buy a sandisk or some other name brand....then report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.