EZ Scan Import Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am attempting programming the TRX-1 with EZ Scan software.

I am attempting programming the WS-1065 with full Pro ARC500

There is an option in EZ Scan to import programming from WS-1065 into a VScan folder in EZ Scan to upload to TRX-1. So I can program the WS-1065 with ARC500 and when I get it close enough to perfect I can then import into a VScan folder for TRX-1 and inherit the exact programming that I have in the WS1065 via ARC500? Those who have tried this, does it work well?

This would work well for me if it works well on the radios, having different ScanLists enabled and disabled in each respective radio to scan together in my overall area.

Also, does the TRX-2 fit into this Bermuda Triangle anywhere? Is it possible to import from WS-1065 into a VScan folder to upload into the TRX-1 and the TRX-2 both?? That would be too much to ask, more than likely. I am finding that nothing is easy when it comes to new technology and scanners. Is it the technology or the fact that I am now in my 60s or the combination of the two?

I think I just answered my own question hah.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

John
kf4anc

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
22 May update, PC APP Release notes:

* Added option to the file menu to import the configuration from a WS-1040/WS-1065 or compatible scanner. This function will only download from the source scanner's working memory. It will not download from a V-Scanner folder directly.

So, yes, you can program your 1065 with whatever software, then import the 1065 program into EZ Scan.

I tried it with my PRO-106 and it worked great.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Ok thanks! I will read up more on this and try it. It seems pretty self-explanatory...open New Configuration in EZ Scan so you have a blank template, upload from 1065, then save that config in both a new Vscan folder and Archives, then name it and upload it to TRX-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.