TRX-1: Whistler's Control Demo, won't work on some Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysand

The Whistler's Control Demo works great on some computers, but not on all Computers.

What might be missing on some Computers, that keeps the Whistler's Control Demo from working?

No problem with the Ports, they all work OK.

BrianG61UK

I'd have thought that if you can update the scanner firmware successfully on the PC in question you should also be able to use the control demo successfully.

Is that not the case?

BrianG61UK

Thanks Brian.
I will do that.

But I'm not suggesting you do something.

I'm just suggesting that the same thing that stops the control demo working would surely stop firmware upgrades from working too.

I could be wrong though.

It seems that the Whistler scanners just don't communicate properly with the USB ports on some newer computers. Especially USB3 ports.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Probably the infamous "unsigned driver" is not installed. On windows 8-10 you must do the "allow unsigned drivers" procedure (google it) in order for windows to communicate with the scanner. The Micro sd driver is separate and not part of what is need to update firmware, set the clock or use the control demo.

BrianG61UK

Probably the infamous "unsigned driver" is not installed. On windows 8-10 you must do the "allow unsigned drivers" procedure (google it) in order for windows to communicate with the scanner. The Micro sd driver is separate and not part of what is need to update firmware, set the clock or use the control demo.
No, that's a separate problem I haven't seen myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
If it works on some computers and not others, I would be looking for a computer issue, not the software.

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
This is a DEMO "a demonstration of a product or technique." just to show people what you could make using programming skills to make a better program. I could be wrong but that would make perfect sense, not to be used as a full program but as a demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.