Update - 6/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!
Happy Friday!!

There will be an update today around noon Central time (possibly earlier depending on how quickly I can get everything ready).

There will be an update to the:

PC App
CPU
Remote Control (new remote control protocol will also be available)

*** Release Notes ***

CPU - change to remote control command

PC App

* Fixed an issue with updating objects from the library where alpha tags could be incorrectly applied
to the wrong objects under certain conditions.

* (TRX Only) Fixed an issue with updating NXDN conventional objects from the library.

* Corrected an issue where incorrect radio IDs may be displayed on recordings in certain cases. Radio
IDs are not always available in recordings.

Previous Release

* Added progress bar to conventional import from a text file/clipboard when more than 25 items are
being imported.

* Fixed issue where conventional import would attempt to import the header row under certain cases
and display an error line.

* Corrected issue where the uninstall information was showing an incorrect version number.

Remote Control

This is still a DEMO and the protocol has been provided for 3rd party developers to experiment and to create their own remote control UI.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Just got the email from Whistler on the release of the new firmware to download or update it thru EZ-SCAN

br0adband

Same here, just got the email myself too and now that I finally have a Pro-668 converted (not the "official" way) I'll just have to wait and see what this update does for others. I intend to get official upgrade done by Whistler in the near future, but for now it's nice to finally have a proper digital scanner after so many years - my first one after being "The Analog Kid" for scanning purposes since the early 1970s.

<yes, Rush is my favorite band, always...> :)

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Connected the scanner, started to download. Scanner is now stuck Boot Ver F2.0, App Ver None Waiting for USB. Pulling batteries and turning on again does nothing. Nd tnis is an upgraded pro 668

mikey60

Connected the scanner, started to download. Scanner is now stuck Boot Ver F2.0, App Ver None Waiting for USB. Pulling batteries and turning on again does nothing. Nd tnis is an upgraded pro 668

What were you using to update it?

If you're using ezScan make sure you have the latest version.

If you're using the update program from the Whistler web site, make sure you downloaded the version for the Legacy Upgraded scanner.

Try again and you should be ok.

Mike

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I got it, Mike, thanks. Just a quirk in the system! I updated my TRX 2 and once again getting the 4-00 error. I get this quite freqently when I update the library or V folders. Starting to get annoying resetting every time I update.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!
Happy Friday!!

There will be an update today around noon Central time (possibly earlier depending on how quickly I can get everything ready).

Remote Control

This is still a DEMO and the protocol has been provided for 3rd party developers to experiment and to create their own remote control UI.
Thanks Wendy for the update !

DonS,
We sure can use a version Win500 for the TRX . WinTRX !!

AlphaFive

bottom update function

Good afternoon all, thanks for the new update. For some unknown to me reason. I ended up having to use the 'check for all updates' function key, instead of the individual list above, in the UPDATES section of EZ Scan. I attempted to update using the function on the individual CPU FIRMWARE key many times, and the process in EZ Scan went flawlessly. The program told me everything worked, and done.
Each time I checked the firmware version in the TRX 2 manually through global settings, the old version sat there, staring back at me.... I tried many different functions, formatting the SD card etc... many things, same result.
I used the 'check for all updates, and it took. Don't know why, if someone is having the same difficulty, try what I did.. Windows 7, original SD card, TRX 2. Take care
Probably not necessary to add this, but I will, each time I successfully used the individual function key for CPU Firmware update, and was told the update completed, I went back to check again on the same key. At that point, each time I was told the new update was available and I had only the old version... That is why I manually checked in global settings.

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Wow love the logging feature on the updated Control Demo. Just a quick note, when the program logs a NAC tone, it logs it in the decimal mode on the control program screen, BUT, when you open up the CSV file created, it IS in hex form, which is great.
Bob

So Wendy, the people who sent their pro-668 to Whistler for the update, is there a different update for them than everyone else, or do they use the same update as the Whistler 1080?

TAbirdman

So Wendy, the people who sent their pro-668 to Whistler for the update, is there a different update for them than everyone else, or do they use the same update as the Whistler 1080?
When the units are updated ,they become basically a 1080, so forget it's a 668.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Kel

After I updated my CPU iit worked for a while them my card corrupted,a first for me,I had code 3-03 pop up,since fixed it .

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
Greatly appreciate the updates Whistler!

Just updated the relevant PC App, CPU and Remote Control for my TRX-1 and really enjoying having the ability to let the TRX run free and log away without getting square eye syndrome.

Kudos to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.