TRX-2: Squelch Tail??

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

Anyone able to get rid of the horrible squelch tail.

I have PL/DPL on the channels, if I use delay I get squelch tails on most channels, if I don't use delay it gets rid of most of them.

I have it running next to my 2 996P2s and 1 15X and those 3 have no squelch tails on the same channels, so it is the TRX-2

SCPD

QRT
Please post this video,I'd like to see it.My trx1 doesnt do that,I kind of like a little bit of a tail,sounds authentic.Turn the squelch up.

Chronic

Try turning off all of the PL & DPL and just use carrier squelch and I bet the squelch tail goes away .

APX7500X2

Try turning off all of the PL & DPL and just use carrier squelch and I bet the squelch tail goes away .

That would defeat the purpose of having PL/DPL/NAC

I can turn off delay and most goes away, But I would like it to work like my Uniden and do Pl without a long squelch tail when I have delay on.

I am learning that this scanner isn't quite up to a Uniden yet but I have hopes as it has a remote head....I could never use it in my car with this squelch tail but maybe a firmware upgrade could fix it along with the slow scan speed

Ubbe

All commercial transmitters change the phase of the PL subtone at the end of the transmission to close the audio very quickly.
The phase shift have two standards using different phases. If you use the wrong kind in the receiver it will
actually give a squelch tail. I know that some tranceivers could be programmed to use either 90 or 270 degree end phase.

DPL/DCS have a long end tone and shouldn't give any problems.

/Ubbe

APX7500X2

All commercial transmitters change the phase of the PL subtone at the end of the transmission to close the audio very quickly.
The phase shift have two standards using different phases. If you use the wrong kind in the receiver it will
actually give a squelch tail. I know that some tranceivers could be programmed to use either 90 or 270 degree end phase.

DPL/DCS have a long end tone and shouldn't give any problems.

/Ubbe

You are correct and I have no issue with DPL/DCS but for PL it is BAD, and as stated above my BCD996P2 does everything great on the same exact channels.

I got the scanner to use in PL/DPL/NAC/CC not as a receiver, So using it in CSQ or search isn't an option, I was just seeing if someone else had the issue and a fix

Ill give it another week and then just sell the TRX and get another BCD996P2

Thanks for the ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.