P25 trunked systems on the TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey1

When scanning a P25 trunked system is it necessary to program all of the frequencies for each site or just the control and alternate control frequencies?

I know with the WS1040 all that is necessary are the control frequencies. But I notice when downloading using EZScan that all frequencies are imported.

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
When scanning a P25 trunked system is it necessary to program all of the frequencies for each site or just the control and alternate control frequencies?

I know with the WS1040 all that is necessary are the control frequencies. But I notice when downloading using EZScan that all frequencies are imported.
I've only programmed primary and alternate control frequencies. If you're having issue with audio (display shows activity but you're not hearing anything), check that your squelch isn't too high...I found that out the hard way [emoji12] Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Swipesy

You only need Control and Alternate Frequencies. When downloading with EZScan check the box to only download Control and Alternate frequencies and you will not get the voice channels.

troymail

Silent Key

All the radio needs is the active control channel frequency.

Having said that, on some systems, the control channel frequency rarely if ever changes.

If you just aren't sure, program at least all of the primary and alternate frequencies for the system/site.

There are some slight performance impacts but you can program all of the system/site frequencies if you want (some system vendors supposedly allow for any of the system frequencies to be a control channel if necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.